E Lockers

suicideking

It's easy, you'll need to add wiring for your lockers on your sport and 2 programmers (1 for each jeep to adjust for the gear change). Outside of that it's just unbolt & bolt up.

Yup. I had my front swapped. There's some labor involved, but nothing too complicated.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I have a 2012 Sport Unlimited and my wife has a 2012 Rubicon Unlimited. I'm thinking of trading front and rear axles, so I have the 44 in the front, lockers and the 4:10 gears (on 35s, going to 37s). How difficult would it be to trade them? I have a few guys to help, thankfully.

Why not just swap jeeps?

Big D

Why not just swap jeeps?

Mine is black and manual. Hers is dozer and auto. She prefers hers and I prefer mine except she doesn't need lockers and I do. It would take three beers to explain how we wound up here. I know - it's a shit show.
Any issues with trading axles between manual and auto?
Transfer case?

JKbrick

I have a 2012 Sport Unlimited and my wife has a 2012 Rubicon Unlimited. I'm thinking of trading front and rear axles, so I have the 44 in the front, lockers and the 4:10 gears (on 35s, going to 37s). How difficult would it be to trade them? I have a few guys to help, thankfully.

Wouldn't it be easier to just switch keys with her?

Jeep_Dawg08

You can always go with a ox locker with the electric actuator. It operates a cable to engage or disengage the locker. If the actuator or cable breaks you can carry a small manual tool they sell to keep it locked. That way it doesn't screw up you ride.

I've been looking at the Ox lockers... anyone know of their reliability, strength, or problems?
I only have a D30 up front, I know I know I'm gonna have to get a D44 to add a front locker. Just trying to get things in order before I start spending..
Will go ahead and do gears and gussets all at the same time while its all apart anyways. :)

●|||||●

Armydog

This seems like a good place to jump in, pardon the interruption. I have a 2005 Rubi. The stock lockers are air operated. Is the an advantage to upgrading to ARB air lockers? Are they stronger/ more reliable than the stockers?

I am going to install ARB diff covers either way and am thinking about adding some trusses and reinforcement plates to the Dana 44s for now. Dream is to eventually upgrade to pro rock 60s but one step at a time. I'm a Nubi so any and all input is appreciated.

Tango Yankee

Top Bottom