Eagle Lakes Camping

TheStick

Hello from NorCal! Looking to do some wheeling/camping this weekend and one of the closest spots for me is Eagle Lakes. Looking for some info from people familiar with the trail and destination. I'd be heading up Friday and camping Friday and Saturday night. A few questions...

Are there nice areas to camp by the lakes?
Are the lakes good for fishing?
If the answers to 1 and 2 are yes, anyone want to join? :thumb:

Thanks!

I was just at eagle lakes on friday to run fordyce which is where the trailhead is. Its a really really tough trail though do no go alone. There are some very nice places to camp there. Eagle lakes camp ground and Cisco grove camp ground

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using WAYALIFE mobile app

TheStick

I was just at eagle lakes on friday to run fordyce which is where the trailhead is. Its a really really tough trail though do no go alone. There are some very nice places to camp there. Eagle lakes camp ground and Cisco grove camp ground

I thought it was more moderate back to Eagle Lakes and didn't get really tough until after the turn off the Eagle Lakes? Some pictures I have seen of the lakes they look kind of marshy?

Another place I have been looking into is Ellis Lake on the East side of the Rubicon. I might end up just going up to Little Deer Lake or Snake Lake in Plumas Co since I know it well, but thought about exploring some new options...

Wish I wasn't so last minute and planned to get some more rigs involved to open up the trail options :doh:

I thought it was more moderate back to Eagle Lakes and didn't get really tough until after the turn off the Eagle Lakes? Some pictures I have seen of the lakes they look kind of marshy?

Another place I have been looking into is Ellis Lake on the East side of the Rubicon. I might end up just going up to Little Deer Lake or Snake Lake in Plumas Co since I know it well, but thought about exploring some new options...

Wish I wasn't so last minute and planned to get some more rigs involved to open up the trail options :doh:

You can get to the lake with little to no wheeling. You can run the first few miles of fordyce without a problem also. It is a very beautiful place. If I didnt blow up the rear end I would come up again

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using WAYALIFE mobile app

TheStick

Ok cool. That sounds more like what I've read. The turnoff to the lakes is about 2 miles down the Fordyce trail I believe.

Top Bottom