EAST Meets WEST: August 2020 Moab/Telluride Planning Thread

Clutch

Caught the Bug
For me, it’s gotta be 37s. I’ve always ran 35s, but this one is all about extra! I’d have some serious tire regret if I went 35s! It’s hard not too, since the 8 speed trans in the JL handles them so well!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I hear you, but just so it’s out there. If you think you NEED 37s to run the trails in Ouray then you are mistaken. And Moab too for that matter.

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
My plan is to roll into Moab Thursday night 7/30 and wheel Friday - Monday morning. Then load up Monday after lunch and hit the road.

As of now I’ll be looking to camp somewhere down near the river. Those spots are first come first serve (unless you do a large group spot) and are usually $15/night per spot. Of course I’ll still join in and contribute to the festivities with the group in the evenings as well!

Unfortunately I won’t make the Colorado portion as I’ll need to be back in TX by Tuesday night

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

wjtstudios

Hooked
My plan is to roll into Moab Thursday night 7/30 and wheel Friday - Monday morning. Then load up Monday after lunch and hit the road.

As of now I’ll be looking to camp somewhere down near the river. Those spots are first come first serve (unless you do a large group spot) and are usually $15/night per spot. Of course I’ll still join in and contribute to the festivities with the group in the evenings as well!

Unfortunately I won’t make the Colorado portion as I’ll need to be back in TX by Tuesday night

Ok, thanks for the update

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Clutch

Caught the Bug
I’m confirming the Moab portion from 8/1 to 8/5. Obviously too soon to nail down jeep trails, but I have my eyes set on Cliffhanger and (Poison Spider Mesa, Gold Bar Rim, and Golden Spike) loop. And if there’s time Top of the World.

I plan to jam out to Rocky Mt NP for a day or two on my way back to the IL. Looking forward to wheeling and meeting some folks!

wjtstudios

Hooked
I’m confirming the Moab portion from 8/1 to 8/5. Obviously too soon to nail down jeep trails, but I have my eyes set on Cliffhanger and (Poison Spider Mesa, Gold Bar Rim, and Golden Spike) loop. And if there’s time Top of the World.

I plan to jam out to Rocky Mt NP for a day or two on my way back to the IL. Looking forward to wheeling and meeting some folks!

Yes!!! Can’t wait Dirk!!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
For the ones that are tent camping, where are you setting up camp and how much is the site per night?

There’s a few BLM sites along the rivers about 10 minutes from town. They are usually $15/night and first come first serve. That’s my plan

Top Bottom