EAST Meets WEST: August 2020 Moab/Telluride Planning Thread

Weebz

Caught the Bug
Montana will start slowly opening back up here in the next week, I’ll bet other surrounding states will too soon [emoji106]

I’m not so worried about the states opening as I am restrictions on interstate travel (I.e. vacationing) being the limiting factor.

wjtstudios

Hooked
I’m not so worried about the states opening as I am restrictions on interstate travel (I.e. vacationing) being the limiting factor.

Yeah, that’s my concern as well. We still have 3 months, so hopefully it’s all sorted by then.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

19YJ94

Caught the Bug
I read an article stating they want to slowly start opening Moab back up to get people back to work at the restaurants and such. Due to tourism is the bread maker there! So hopefully a good sign?

Sent from my SM-S506DL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Weebz

Caught the Bug
I read an article stating they want to slowly start opening Moab back up to get people back to work at the restaurants and such. Due to tourism is the bread maker there! So hopefully a good sign?

Sent from my SM-S506DL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Fingers crossed. Too much time and effort into getting ready for this trip for it not to happen!!!

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug

Interstate travel restrictions won’t stop my trip! Now, if my Jeep isn’t done that may be a different story...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

BlueRubicon

Caught the Bug
Interstate restrictions?? Where did you see that? I had registered on the DOT states from here to Pa., so that when we drove out I could get notifications regarding closures due to construction. I get texts all the time and have seen NO restrictions because of virus. People still travel for business including all of the tractor trailers. Getting to Moab was never a concern, it was more the hotels and restaurants being closed. And besides there are not enough cops to prevent interstate travel. They could never do it without federal marshall law, and that would be a disaster too.

Weebz

Caught the Bug
Interstate restrictions?? Where did you see that? I had registered on the DOT states from here to Pa., so that when we drove out I could get notifications regarding closures due to construction. I get texts all the time and have seen NO restrictions because of virus. People still travel for business including all of the tractor trailers. Getting to Moab was never a concern, it was more the hotels and restaurants being closed. And besides there are not enough cops to prevent interstate travel. They could never do it without federal marshall law, and that would be a disaster too.

As it stands right now any travel out of Md requires a 14 day quarantine. Now the issue is it’s not written in the latest executive order. Was only vocalized during the last press conference. However, they start adding language like that within the various state orders then travel becomes a problem. I don’t give a shit about it but the places many of us are renting from may take a different position.

Top Bottom