EAST Meets WEST: August 2020 Moab/Telluride Planning Thread

Yes, that is on my list this month to start figuring out. It would be awesome if you helped lead a group down the trail with your experience there.

We’ll have to figure out who wants to run with who and what trails they hope to run. I want to if possible to change the groups up where I can so everyone can meet and run with different groups each day. But I do want to keep the Jeep groups around 5-10 Jeeps.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Sounds good. I am up for whatever!

I think the only 4+ trail I haven't run in Moab is Steel Bender. Not sure why. Our group normally does the harder stuff but nobody was interested.

I have done:

Pritchett Canyon < My favorite!
Behind the Rocks
Moab Rim < Ran this at night last time. Not sure I would advise that. Half way up I started to think it may have been a bad idea...
Cliffhanger
Fins and Things
Hells Revenge
Poison Spider Mesa
Golden Spike
Metal Masher
Rusty Nail
Gold Bar Rim
Where Eagles Dare < This is a fun one for steep climbs!

I have also done some stuff at area BFE... But it was still closed last month. If it opens back up I would be willing to give some of the trails there a try.

Last edited:
Sounds good. I am up for whatever!

I think the only 4+ trail I haven't run in Moab is Steel Bender. Not sure why. Our group normally does the harder stuff but nobody was interested.

I have done:

Pritchett Canyon < My favorite!
Behind the Rocks
Moab Rim < Ran this at night last time. Not sure I would advise that. Half way up I started to think it may have been a bad idea...
Cliffhanger
Fins and Things
Hells Revenge
Poison Spider Mesa
Golden Spike
Metal Masher
Rusty Nail
Gold Bar Rim
Where Eagles Dare < This is a fun one for steep climbs!

I have also done some stuff at area BFE... But it was still closed last month. If it opens back up I would be willing to give some of the trails there a try.

I’m in for steel bender, I am sure we’ll find our way thru.

I think you are now nominated as a trail leader!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

And we have a finished logo. My daughter finished this up the other day. Stickers ordered up today :thumb:

View attachment 348202

Hmmm, weird, the colors of the sky are off when I converted this from a pdf file to JPEG file. Oh well.
it's even better in person!

Man they came out great! Good job you guys!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

I only got to run Steel Bender and Hells Revenge last time I was there. I plan to do as many trails as I can this time.

Cool sticker

Sent from Lookout Mtn.

Those look fantastic Jerry

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Needs a lil WJ in the back ground. LOL. Again looks awesome.

Good job on the sticker. Looks great

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

That's a really cool looking logo!

Man they came out great! Good job you guys!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Thanks gents. I'll pass that along - I take zero credit on this - my daughter did this all on her own. :thumb:

Pritchett is a must.
Top of the World as well just because.
BFE would be cool if it's open but I'm up for anything else even for a nice scenic one as well.

You guys should definitely do Cliffhanger and the Poison Spider/Golden Spike/ gold Bar Rim trifecta. Other trails are awesome too, but these are epic.

You guys should definitely do Cliffhanger and the Poison Spider/Golden Spike/ gold Bar Rim trifecta. Other trails are awesome too, but these are epic.

I want hard, technical and just amazing to see and experience. I’m at the mercy of those that know but I’m ready.

Damn, I’m getting really excited!

Next weekend, there will be lots of planning around the camp fire

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

I want hard, technical and just amazing to see and experience. I’m at the mercy of those that know but I’m ready.

Being your first time there, trust that you will not be disappointed where ever you go. You will leave there, wanting to go back as soon as possible. Hard to get your expectations TOO high. Good times! #traction

I'm with Fiend, those are the best, of what we have done anyway.

Being your first time there, trust that you will not be disappointed where ever you go. You will leave there, wanting to go back as soon as possible. Hard to get your expectations TOO high. Good times! #traction

Every trail has epic scenery to take in. You can't go wrong on any of them.

The biggest problem will be that we run out of time to hit everything that everyone wants to.

Epic. All I need to say for myself. I am blessed to go experience this with such a great group. Thank you all.

There is/was a bicycle-themed place there that was really good too. Sunset Grill was good but overpriced IMHO. That's the only place that I wouldn't eat again just because of that.

Top Bottom