Easy Trail Meals and Snacks

After you wrap the burritos just toss them in a thermos. No trickery or gadgets.

Loving these double walled insulated food canisters. Served this at 4am it’s now 11 and it’s still hot/warm enough to enjoy. IMG_7273.JPG .

Last edited:

I-Eat-Mud

I’m an amateur bodybuilder/general gym rat so I can chime in on this for anyone who’s concerned about getting protein in while out on the trail all day or camping.

For Bulking:

Combine in large mixing bowl:

3 Cups Oatmeal
1/2 Cup Natural Peanut butter
1 cup Skim Milk
4 Scoops Protein Powder
dash of cinnamon

Mix until a sticky batter is formed (may take a few minutes)

use a large spoon to spread out the mix into the bottom of a Pam-sprayed glass or metal cooking tray (spread until even)

top with 4-8 packets splenda

put in the fridge overnight and cut into 8 equal bars that yield:

11g fat (good monounsaturated fats)
26g carbs
21g protein

285 calories

For Dieting:

Combine in Large Mixing Bowl

8 Scoops Whey (Vanilla is very good)
3 Cups Oats
1 Package Sugar Free Fat Free Pudding (Any flavor is good)
2 Cups Skim Milk

Mix until a sticky batter is formed (may take a few minutes)

use a large spoon to spread out the mix into the bottom of a Pam-sprayed glass or metal cooking tray (spread until even)
put in the fridge overnight and cut into 8 equal bars that yield:
3g fat
28g carbs
29g protein
257 calories

Easy to leave out some of the oats if you want to cut down on the carbs. You can also add dried fruits to these (I like dried cranberries) which will give a little more carbs. But they’re delicious. Also you can use fairlife brand skim milk to cut out even more carbs and add protein.

I normally pre-make everything in advanced and vacuum seal it and stick it in the fridge then the day before i will wrap in foil and stick in the ice box and then on the day we leave throw it in the cooler:

• Breakfast Burritos
  • Meat Ball Sandwiches
  • Steak Sandwiches
  • Rib-Eyes\New Yorks
  • Pork Chops
  • Fried Chicken
  • Cereal\Oatmeal
  • Water\Tea\Soda\Beer\Wiskey
  • Jerkey\Nuts\Pretzels\Kettlecorn\Chips\Candy

Depending on were we camp and if we have room i will bring the camp kitchen set and cook normal breakfast, lunch and dinner.

TrailHunter

Hooked
Browned up some Keilbasa & Mini Hot Dogs for the kids... Eat cold or heat up on the trail.. Bringing some mustard and good to go... Simple & tasty.

IMG_9586.jpg

jesse3638

Hooked
Browned up some Keilbasa & Mini Hot Dogs for the kids... Eat cold or heat up on the trail.. Bringing some mustard and good to go... Simple & tasty.

View attachment 315985
You can also take the lil smokies and cut pilsberry crescents into 3rds wrap them and bake them for 10-12 mins. Throw then into a ziploc bag and have mini pigs in a blanket. We did that while decorating the tree last night and the kids devoured them.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

TrailHunter

Hooked
You can also take the lil smokies and cut pilsberry crescents into 3rds wrap them and bake them for 10-12 mins. Throw then into a ziploc bag and have mini pigs in a blanket. We did that while decorating the tree last night and the kids devoured them.

This time they get Mustard.. Lol.. good idea though. Next time. [emoji1417]

boardsurfer

I made a bazillion of these for Thanksgiving. All day gluttony! So good.

Top Bottom