Electrical draw, batteries keep dying

Cadima

Just wanted to update this thread with new info I found.

1) To refresh, my '13 JKU was draining my battery if left to sit long.
2) I noticed the vent dampers inside my jeep would cycle every 4 minutes 12 seconds.
3) I tracked the current drain to the HVAC module inside the jeep (was fuse M11 or M13 I believe, cant recall exactly).
4) My jeep would NOT fall asleep, even after sitting overnight. The root cause in my jeep of the battery drain was in the HVAC Module never shutting down.
5) Disconnecting the battery and reconnecting would stop the drain until I drove it again, yet removing the fuse that handled the current drain did not reset anything.
6) I wondered if re-flashing my power tune would affect it. I reflashed from the "93 Octane" tune to the "91 Octane" tune and there was no change.
6) In preparing it for the dealer to look at, I gave the ECU a factory reset using my Superchips traildash. Normally I run the max power tune.

For some reason, doing this factory reset eliminated the problem. I questioned whether it was due to the tune or what, so I reflashed it to the original 93 octane max power tune. Alas, the gremlins are still gone.:thinking:

So it would appear, without more experimenting, that I somehow got a bad flash. Just starting over appears to have fixed my issue. I'll need a lot more time to feel certain the gremlins are gone for good and I'm not sure why or how, but thought this info may help others.

Top Bottom