Electrical Fire

safecracker909

I had an engine fire in my Dodge pickup. They ended up totaling the truck because the wiring harness was too expensive to replace. I'd be asking for a new Jeep, otherwise get yourself an attorney.

MrHooah04

This would be amazing...but I would be having an insanely long conversation about having everything fixed for free and a lifetime no questions asked warranty placed on your jeep through them from now on.

:cheesy:

x2...no questions asked warranty through them at a min! Gl!!

Cajun JK

Ok talked with the dealer today. I walked thru with the service manager and showed him what I thought needed to be done. We are looking at changing the wires that were effected or maybe the harness depending how much is damaged. We did talk about warranty because we are PCSing down to Louisiana at the end of the month. I did tell them that I will not accept a patch job, it's a 2012 with 21000 miles. Will see what progress is made at the end of the week.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Best of luck to you! I hope that everything works out. I can't believe that you have had to put up with that. :eek:mg:

Cajun JK

Don't know what good it will do, but I just didn't get a warm fuzzy after talking to the dealer this morning. Just got off the phone with Jeep Customer Service and explained to them what happened and what was going on. got a case number from them, so let's see if that helps light a fire under the dealer.

noroad

Ok talked with the dealer today. I walked thru with the service manager and showed him what I thought needed to be done. We are looking at changing the wires that were effected or maybe the harness depending how much is damaged. We did talk about warranty because we are PCSing down to Louisiana at the end of the month. I did tell them that I will not accept a patch job, it's a 2012 with 21000 miles. Will see what progress is made at the end of the week.

I really would push for a new jeep! the fact that it was a fire with all the wires you might have wished you asked for a new one at 90000! Good luck man and keep a strong hand you have the upper hand!

Cajun JK

The dealer installed a new harness and tacked on a unlimited mileage extended warranty. That works for now since we are getting ready to roll out of DC. Once I get settled down south I can figure out what I want to do if anything.

JKbrick

The dealer installed a new harness and tacked on a unlimited mileage extended warranty. That works for now since we are getting ready to roll out of DC. Once I get settled down south I can figure out what I want to do if anything.

Nice! Will your warranty work anywhere since you move around?

Nice! Will your warranty work anywhere since you move around?

Make sure you have a letter from the dealer and proof of the warranty in writing so you can take the Jeep to any dealer. I would imagine the warranty is only good at that dealer... so make sure its listed with Jeep Corp and have a copy of the agreement in the glovebox.

I just don't trust dealers. :naw:

Top Bottom