Electrical issues

Irish Pirate

I have a 2001 jeep tj, 120k miles. I start the jeep earlier and she fired up just fine. When I turned on the headlights it would loose All power. A few minutes later I could turn on the lights. Turn lights off, start jeep just fine then again total loss of power when I turned on the headlights. Eventually everything worked ok and I drove off.

Then, while driving, I lost all power. No lights, no steering, nothing. After a few minutes the jeep fired up and I drove off.

Then a few miles down the road the engine turned off... This time I still had lights. Again, sat for a minute and the jeep fired up.

Then a couple times all the lights would light up on the dash like a Christmas tree., like the jeep was starting up.

Any thoughts on what could be happening.

WJCO

Meme King
Make sure battery terminals and alternator connections are tight. Aside from that, I'd say you have a charging system problem. Check charging voltage with DVOM or have a parts store check it. Very easy to do.

Frydaddy

Sounds like a loose connection somewhere, but i assume you've already checked that. Like was said on Facebook, corrosion could have formed between any number of connections. go through your electrical system, wire brush everything clean and add dielectric grease.

Top Bottom