End of Summer - East Coast Uwharrie Run

thardy

Banned
As of right now, no official dates have been set. Also, if there is anyone that is more familiar with the area that would be willing to lend a hand with some of the planning, such as places to stay and trails to ride, I'd be grateful of the assistance. I've never been so I'm somewhat flying blind up there.

Primordial

Mark me as tentative for now. Also, once the dates are set I'll run it by the local Jeep folks to see if I can get any more takers...

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
For those who haven't seen the trail map here it is. Last time I was there I was told by one of the forest rangers that the trail system is rated using a stock TJ.

uwharrie-map-large.jpg

For the morning of, we should meet up at the Outpost - 4021 North Carolina 109, Troy, NC.
This is where you can by trail passes ($5 a day), get some food and supplies.

We can either air down at the Outpost or we can take the northern route to get to the "Wolf's Den" parking lot and air down there. I'm voting for August 8th and 9th for the dates. Please post up if this does or does not work for you.

Attachments

• uwharrie.gif
    uwharrie.gif
    33.6 KB · Views: 169

Mtbhjm

There isn't much around that area in the way of hotels. Your best bet would be to stay in Raleigh and then make a 45min to an hour drive to Uwharrie. I've never wheeled there, but I go to a mountain bike race there every year and they have some sweet singletrack. I would be interested in taking my Jeep to the off road park there if a group is going. From what I have heard/read, you can run a stock Jeep through most of it.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
There isn't much around that area in the way of hotels. Your best bet would be to stay in Raleigh and then make a 45min to an hour drive to Uwharrie. I've never wheeled there, but I go to a mountain bike race there every year and they have some sweet singletrack. I would be interested in taking my Jeep to the off road park there if a group is going. From what I have heard/read, you can run a stock Jeep through most of it.

There is a hotel and it is only 15 mins from the outpost.

Days Inn Biscoe
531 E Main St
Biscoe, NC 27209
United States

Mtbhjm

There is a hotel and it is only 15 mins from the outpost.

Days Inn Biscoe
531 E Main St
Biscoe, NC 27209
United States

I wasn't aware of that, thanks for sharing. I live in Raleigh, so I didn't search too much for hotels when I could save myself some money at a little inconvenience. There is always camping too if someone is into that.

thardy

Banned
For those who haven't seen the trail map here it is. Last time I was there I was told by one of the forest rangers that the trail system is rated using a stock TJ.

View attachment 127126

For the morning of, we should meet up at the Outpost - 4021 North Carolina 109, Troy, NC.
This is where you can by trail passes ($5 a day), get some food and supplies.

We can either air down at the Outpost or we can take the northern route to get to the "Wolf's Den" parking lot and air down there. I'm voting for August 8th and 9th for the dates. Please post up if this does or does not work for you.

Thanks for posting! This sounds like a plan to me. I will update the first post with the details this evening.

JK BLK

I would like to do this with you guys! My Rubicon will more than likely still be stock at that point but I'm hoping I could learn a thing or two from you guys. And meet ya'll as well! So sign me up!

thardy

Banned
ALL - I have updated the first post showing the dates of August 7-9. Hopefully that will work for everyone and we'll have a good turn out! :yup:

BlkOpsCzr

Hello All, Put me down as tentative. I just read the thread and it sounds like a good time. I'm about 1.5 hours from Uwharrie and wheeled there once.

USMMA11NC

Caught the Bug
I just checked my schedule and I'll be heading back to work just before the 6th. I'll be missing this one :/ I hope everyone who goes has a great time!

thardy

Banned
Hello All, Put me down as tentative. I just read the thread and it sounds like a good time. I'm about 1.5 hours from Uwharrie and wheeled there once.

Count me in! Can't wait to road trip and meet new friends. I'm putting in for vacation tomorrow!

I've got you guys on the list!

I just checked my schedule and I'll be heading back to work just before the 6th. I'll be missing this one :/ I hope everyone who goes has a great time!

Sorry to hear that! May be you'll be able to join us on another run this year.

trailless

Caught the Bug
Put me down as a maybe please. :thumbup:

Also I don't mind camping. Maybe find a campground next to a river and have a fire.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:
Top Bottom