Enforcers Unite!

seansheds

Installed my 4" Enforcer with RS9000's over the weekend! I'm not an experienced wrencher, but got it all done myself. Took it out on the freeway last night and other than the steering wheel being a little off center it felt great. A little bouncy with the stock BFG's at 35 psi though. Just got my new (used) tires put on this morning and only drove 1/2 miles so far. They are at 28 psi so it felt much better. I'll take it out again later and do some fine tuning. Can't wait to see what it can do offroad this weekend!

The day I got her in April.

IMG_6837.jpg

Today!

IMG_7395.jpg

IMG_7394.jpg

IMG_7396.jpg

Next is beadlocks, EVO sliders and rockskins, rear bumper, PR44, .......... it never ends right?!

Installed my 4" Enforcer with RS9000's over the weekend! I'm not an experienced wrencher, but got it all done myself. Took it out on the freeway last night and other than the steering wheel being a little off center it felt great. A little bouncy with the stock BFG's at 35 psi though. Just got my new (used) tires put on this morning and only drove 1/2 miles so far. They are at 28 psi so it felt much better. I'll take it out again later and do some fine tuning. Can't wait to see what it can do offroad this weekend!

The day I got her in April.

View attachment 262110

Today!

View attachment 262111

View attachment 262112

View attachment 262113

Next is beadlocks, EVO sliders and rockskins, rear bumper, PR44, .......... it never ends right?!

That looks great. Helped make my mind up as I want 35s. 4 inch it is.

Sargejku

Just received my 3" enforcer kit! But I did not get any instructions with it. Can someone send or post them for me. I'm sure it's pretty self explanatory but I like to have some sort of guidance since this is my first lift. Also do I need a tie rod and tie rod relocation bracket. I did get a steer smarts drag link but not sure on what other steering components I should get.. Can't wait to post when it's finished

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

seansheds

Just received my 3" enforcer kit! But I did not get any instructions with it. Can someone send or post them for me. I'm sure it's pretty self explanatory but I like to have some sort of guidance since this is my first lift. Also do I need a tie rod and tie rod relocation bracket. I did get a steer smarts drag link but not sure on what other steering components I should get.. Can't wait to post when it's finished

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Here ya go! GL

http://www.evomfg.com/technical-docs/EVO-1063-35.pdf

One part I had a hard time with without an impact driver or air tools was getting the front bumpstop bolts threaded in. You won't be able to do it with hand force and a ratchet. It's 15mm so make sure you have an adapter that goes into a drill and is the male socket adapter.

seansheds

Got to test out my 4" Enforcer yesterday at Calico, CA. Everything worked great and disconnected it has awesome flex! Had no issues with any obstacles because the tires were always planted. Very happy with it!

IMG_7457.jpg

IMG_3107.jpg

IMG_3223.jpg

IMG_3140.jpg

303jkpatriot

Got to test out my 4" Enforcer yesterday at Calico, CA. Everything worked great and disconnected it has awesome flex! Had no issues with any obstacles because the tires were always planted. Very happy with it!

That is some serious flex! Looking good! I have the 3" Enforcer and just ordered 4" springs. Excited to swap them out and get a little more clearance with 37s

seansheds

So I have a high frequency vibration from the front driveshaft. I installed a new JE Reel 1350 DS Friday and drove to and from Calico Saturday and didn't notice it, but when I drove to work Monday I started to notice it at around 30mph. I know there's an issue between caster and pinion angle with stock axles but I guess I failed to thoroughly research that part when choosing my lift.

So now I'm wondering what other people with a 4" Enforcer have theirs set at?

I got some numbers last night to see where I'm at. I have my LCA's set as per the instructions at 22 7/8".

If I measured correctly it looks like I netted around 4.7" lift in the front. I only have a light front bumper and stock rear bumper.

Caster: 4.2

Pinion: 1.8

Driveshaft angle: 8.6

Because I netted so much lift the angle between the pinion and the DS is pretty severe. This is my DD and I can't afford to have the TC explode or any other severe issues happen. I decided to pull the front driveshaft last night so I don't have to worry about it until I get it figured out. I know when I eventually get a PR44 this will be resolved but until then I need to make it safe to drive. If that means swapping the springs to 3" then I'm willing to do that.

So what have other done???

fiend

Caught the Bug
So I have a high frequency vibration from the front driveshaft. I installed a new JE Reel 1350 DS Friday and drove to and from Calico Saturday and didn't notice it, but when I drove to work Monday I started to notice it at around 30mph. I know there's an issue between caster and pinion angle with stock axles but I guess I failed to thoroughly research that part when choosing my lift.

So now I'm wondering what other people with a 4" Enforcer have theirs set at?

I got some numbers last night to see where I'm at. I have my LCA's set as per the instructions at 22 7/8".

If I measured correctly it looks like I netted around 4.7" lift in the front. I only have a light front bumper and stock rear bumper.

Caster: 4.2

Pinion: 1.8

Driveshaft angle: 8.6

Because I netted so much lift the angle between the pinion and the DS is pretty severe. This is my DD and I can't afford to have the TC explode or any other severe issues happen. I decided to pull the front driveshaft last night so I don't have to worry about it until I get it figured out. I know when I eventually get a PR44 this will be resolved but until then I need to make it safe to drive. If that means swapping the springs to 3" then I'm willing to do that.

So what have other done???

With a double Carden DS you want to minimize the pinion/DS angle. Preferably to zero if possible. For your set up that's going to mean decreasing your caster. 4.2 is stock but you can go less, although the Jeep will need more attention to keep straight on the road. I wouldn't go less than 2.5-3 degrees. I think that's what I ran with my 4.5 inch lift and stock axle for a couple of years before swapping to a PR44 with the extra caster built in. It was fine; no vibrations and enough caster to drive easily enough.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

seansheds

With a double Carden DS you want to minimize the pinion/DS angle. Preferably to zero if possible. For your set up that's going to mean decreasing your caster. 4.2 is stock but you can go less, although the Jeep will need more attention to keep straight on the road. I wouldn't go less than 2.5-3 degrees. I think that's what I ran with my 4.5 inch lift and stock axle for a couple of years before swapping to a PR44 with the extra caster built in. It was fine; no vibrations and enough caster to drive easily enough.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yeah, I'm going to reduce the caster a bit and try it but there's no way I can get rid of almost 7 degrees of pinion/DS angle. I still want it to be good to drive on the highway and safe so nothing breaks.

I'm going to call ORE today and see what they say. If I step down to 3" springs it would reduce the angle more. Maybe the 4" just isn't a good choice without a new front axle.

I don't have much adjustment on my LCA's to reduce caster anyway.

IMG_7762.jpg

Top Bottom