Enforcers Unite!

MericaMade

Any tips on getting the self-tapping bolts going? I drilled a 5/16 hole, but have been having a hard time getting the bolt in. I am tempted to try to enlarge to 11/32 (but didn't have a bit of that size yesterday). Or should I consider getting a 3/8 tap and tapping the hole with the tap rather than the self-tapping bolt?
Are you talking about the front bump stop self tapper?

Sent from my SM-G975U using WAYALIFE mobile app

donracer

Getting them started (even with the coils out) was what I was struggling with. I got a unibit with 11/32 from Harbor Freight and that helped, so I guess the 5/16 hole was a bit too narrow for the bolt to effectively start tapping.

I started them with the coils out then just threaded them in with ease once I put the coils back in.

MericaMade

How do you like the stance? Does it sag a lot? Do you get a lot of rubbing? Do you have a pic so I can see what it looks like?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Love it, Zero complaints, ride and drives amazing. Below is my build so go to the last four or five pictures and see how she currently sits now.

I have zero rubbing, but also I'm running BFG 37 which are a little bit smaller. I'm looking to switch out and go at Toyos which are a little bigger.

Hoping to go to coilovers once the cyber monday deals starts.

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=57607

Last edited:

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
Love it, Zero complaints, ride and drives amazing. Below is my build so go to the last four or five pictures and see how she currently sits now.

I have zero rubbing, but also I'm running BFG 37 which are a little bit smaller. I'm looking to switch out and go at Toyos which are a little bigger.

Hoping to go to coilovers once the cyber monday deals starts.

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=57607

Putting some shocks up for sale ?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
Yeah I also have trimmed fenders. I’m just worried if I go 3” that I’ll still need to put spacers to get rid of some sag. If I go 4 I won’t mind the sag as much.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

rubiDave

Go 4 inch on a 4 door if you load it down regularly. The 3 inch coils net 4 inches on my 2 door but I loose about an inch loaded down for extended camping with 40lbs of ice and a few cases of beer and all of my other gear.
Yeah I also have trimmed fenders. I’m just worried if I go 3” that I’ll still need to put spacers to get rid of some sag. If I go 4 I won’t mind the sag as much.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom