Engine code P0302

PHX JK

Driving a modern engine with a misfire will shorten the life of the cat.

Driving with a misfire is really hard on your cats. Catalysts are under a fairly long emissions warranty however a cat that might last 150k might only see 80 to 100k on the bank with the misfire. Have them put you in a loaner like it or not. I know the Service Advisors hate to do it but trust me driving with a miss is bad news. When the Check Engine light blinks its saying
"Stop your hurting me". I would even push to have a cat warrantied on the bank with the misfire if I could.
PHX JK

Sharkey

Word Ninja
The CEL turned off after 24 hours but I still took my Jeep into the dealer. They confirmed leak on #2. It's being fixed no questions asked and I will have it back tomorrow (less than a 24 hour turnaround). My particular service tech, who is always fantastic, told me he has seen the same code thrown and issue all the way up to 2016's. He hasn't seen one on a 2017 (at least not yet.)

WJCO

Meme King
The CEL turned off after 24 hours but I still took my Jeep into the dealer. They confirmed leak on #2. It's being fixed no questions asked and I will have it back tomorrow (less than a 24 hour turnaround). My particular service tech, who is always fantastic, told me he has seen the same code thrown and issue all the way up to 2016's. He hasn't seen one on a 2017 (at least not yet.)

That's fast turn around.

Top Bottom