Engine Sound

jeeeep

Hooked
Ok, I will try this tonight. Thanks for the step by step breakdown. Why do you say never use ATF?

I should have changed that since you have your stock steering. check the color, if it's red it's likely ATF+4 ATF, if it's clear it's likely Mopar power steering fluid +4. Jeep allows either fluid to be used.

PSC only allows power steering fluid in their pumps.

Torqt JK

I should have changed that since you have your stock steering. check the color, if it's red it's likely ATF+4 ATF, if it's clear it's likely Mopar power steering fluid +4. Jeep allows either fluid to be used.

PSC only allows power steering fluid in their pumps.

It's ATF+4
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1445397288.569093.jpg
Would changing it to mopar +4 make a difference?

WJCO

Meme King
It's ATF+4
View attachment 170237

It could. Worth a try. A lot of shops will add ATF because that used to be the common fluid used in pumps, however nowadays manufacturers have special unique fluid for just about every system on the car. The pump design may just become noisy with the improper fluid in it. Ford is a perfect example of noisy ps pumps, they just are. I have a buddy who used to work for Ford and said every one that he flushed out and switched to synthetic ps fluid would greatly reduce the noise. I wasn't there, but I trust him. If your fluid is incorrect, swap it anyway and see what happens. Ultimately, you still could have a pump that is just worn and noisy too.

jeeeep

Hooked
It's ATF+4
View attachment 170237

that's a whole argument in itself lol, most will say ATF is power steering fluid with red dye to detect leaks. they are both hydraulic fluid but IMO power steering fluid is made for higher pressures.

Have you checked your belt to make sure it's not slipping, check the tension pulley make sure it's spinning freely, double check your lines for leaks. if it's a really small leak you won't see it drip and your fluid level will not drop by much but it will let air in.

Is your Jeep still under warranty? if it is I'd take it to the dealer in case it's a bad pump. they are easy to replace and you can find them for about $170 Mopar OEM plus core charge but if you can get it replaced under warranty even better.

Top Bottom