ESC kill switch question

JKbrick

One of the first mods I did on my 2016 JK - works like a charm !

This is a ‘must have’ mod if you are changing tire size, lifting, regearing, or just an avid wheeler.

Here’s my happy button - just in front of the shifter ....

Do you have a build thread? Your jeep description in your bio sounds really nice

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

TrailHunter

Hooked
This works even on new ones. In 4 hi push and hold esc off for 5 sec and it disables.

I think this only works partially... meaning the traction controls are not 100% off and the abs still kicks in sometimes.... also after a like 30mph it comes back on... (I’m still trying to understand it all though) This is why the switch is wired in... it completely shuts it down... From what I’ve read, pulling fuse J6 works as well, but not 100% sure.

nbunga

Caught the Bug
I think I would be hesitant about removing the fuse. When I lived in Washington I tried that on my 93 full size blazer while wheeling on some logging roads. After I put the fuse back in the ABS light stayed on. Had the dealer look at it and they said the valve body for the ABS was bad. Could have been a unrelated problem though.

TrailHunter

Hooked
I think I would be hesitant about removing the fuse. When I lived in Washington I tried that on my 93 full size blazer while wheeling on some logging roads. After I put the fuse back in the ABS light stayed on. Had the dealer look at it and they said the valve body for the ABS was bad. Could have been a unrelated problem though.

Yeah, that could of been unrelated... I drove my 05 GMC for like 2 years with no ABS and never had an issue.

Top Bottom