esp/abs/bas off lights

jknikos

Yesterday night as i was coming home from dinner and it was heavily rainning these three lights came on and havent left me since then. I dont have abs (scary :fingerscrossed: ) and esp/bas. Probably my bld wont be working either but havent test it. The only issue my jk has is the well known clockspring issue for more than 2 years. I havent fixed since first appeared 2 years ago as you can see from the light. Any ideas what could this be? An abs sensor probably?:thinking:

11039431_1070144453002226_1246694132_n.jpg

Grubbicon

My 2007 did this last summer. It turned out that the abs module went out. The dealership said it was because of it being offroad all time but personally I think thats BS.

Webe

Mine has had that issue since I put the lift on. Plus the traction control was out of control. I just pulled the fuse and no more abs and traction control. It it so nice now that I can drive like a normal person.

BlackHawk08jk

Mine has had that issue since I put the lift on. Plus the traction control was out of control. I just pulled the fuse and no more abs and traction control. It it so nice now that I can drive like a normal person.

Haha that sounds like my method of fixing that problem. Drives so much better now!

BlackHawk08jk

If u just adjust your drag link u can recenter your steering wheel. There is a write up somewhere on here for adjusting it. I recommend having a second person help so you don't have to keep getting out from under the jeep to see.

jknikos

Thanks everyone for the help

Do you think this could be related to my issue? Probably this sensor makes the whole system get deactivated? I think the info from the speed sensor are used from the ABS/ESP/BAS/BLD. :thinking:

10921990_1071946972821974_2126490546_n.jpg 11046949_1071947009488637_1812936003_n.jpg

dchew

Caught the Bug
Could be. You might also check to see if your wheel bearing is going bad. That's what happened when mine went. Lift that tire and see if you can move the wheel at all.

Dave

jknikos

Could be. You might also check to see if your wheel bearing is going bad. That's what happened when mine went. Lift that tire and see if you can move the wheel at all.

Dave
Ok i will do that tommorow tommorow while replacing that sensor. :thumb:

jbaskin28

Soo, mine also did this, and I was getting the same type of error codes.

Then, while inspecting everything during a brake change, I found the issue. For me, it was that the rear speed bumps had been abused so bad, they were destroyed/obliterated (aka, not there). My speed sensor on the rear right had got caught between the rubber on the axle where the speed bump should hit, and the metal housing the speed bump. Everytime I would flex that side, or hit bumps and stuff in the road, it kept chomping at the wires. Eventually, one came apart enough that I got those lights (I was flexed and listing to the left when they came on).

Long story short, I crimped the bad wire, and they went off. I would check ALL of the wires from the speed sensors and see if any are damaged and go from there. No sense paying for something not broke.

Unless it is an upgrade :)

jknikos

Dave
It was a veeeery bad wheel hub finally. I got it replaced and everythink is ok now.:D:D:D

Thanks everyone

Top Bottom