ESP Kill Switch

jeeeep

Hooked
Did the hokey pokey a friends after lift and tires, seemed to take forever, we spent about an hour! but it finally took..

I did the hokey pokey before I put the lift on my rig - it took 2 tries, much easier and it's been off for 3 yrs!, they really should have put a better switch in it.

Firewrangler

Yeah it does as long as you have it switched off. Once you turning off and shut the jeep down and restart it's back to normal.

Firewrangler

As long as the switch is off the ESP will stay off. If you turn it back on though you have to restart the jeep to reset it back to normal.

Josh27

So you still have to turn it off each time you start?

That or you can just leave the switch in the off position so each time you start it it will be off. But if you want everything back after you turned them off the switch needs to be in the on position and you need to shut off the vehicle and then turn it back on.

Midwest57

Just to clarify, it's in a bundle of wires running on the drivers side under the center console by the e-brake.

Thanks for the reply. I was out snow wheeling today and even with the button on the dash turned off and doing about 5MPH the stupid TC was coming on when the steering wheel was turned and the tires were spinning.

904Jeep

Thanks for the reply. I was out snow wheeling today and even with the button on the dash turned off and doing about 5MPH the stupid TC was coming on when the steering wheel was turned and the tires were spinning.
This wiring bundle can also be accessed under the steering wheel near the center console. It will be wrapped in electrical tape that you will need to remove to expose the wires.

computeruser6

I tried it about six times in my 2012 before giving up and just installing a kill switch. In my opinion, it's not worth trying the steering wheel dance. It's worth the time to just be able to flip a switch and restart the Jeep than waste time on the steering wheel dance. I like the automatic control systems on wet pavement, think it's too invasive on dry pavement, and absolutely can't stand the pulsing of brakes when driving on sand. I'm not a fan of the BLD either, if I wanted my lockers on I would engage them. Not big on the smell of burning brakes either. I could always take more pictures or give more details for anyone interested in installing a kill switch.

DSCF5231.jpg

DSCF5233.jpg

DSCF5241.jpg

Top Bottom