Et Tu, Brute?...Part Deux

Brute

Hooked
True, true. Just gotta be extra safe.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 Jeep Scrambler

When I was younger, I would never think twice about a 12 hour day on the ocean trolling by myself, running a hundred miles...and do multiple dives all day and night by myself...but no longer. I was keenly aware of the risks of fishing and diving alone...but also was very cautious.

Now, since I'm much older, I still enjoy going out into the wilderness by my lonesome, but take extra precautions...like telling someone where I'm going and when I expect to be back; carrying a Delorme Inreach, emergency bivy sack, knife, fire starting material, and extra water and food...

There is nothing like wading a trout stream in the woods with no other sound than your own cursing for a bad cast...

Brute

Hooked
Beautiful area. Worth getting out even if you don't catch any.

Roger that...I needed to get some experience with my pontoon float...made a couple important fitment adjustments, and found I could row against a fairly good wind...I need to attach an anchor and anchor lock; trying to cast and fish while quickly blowing by some nice spots was frustrating...

jesse3638

Hooked
You know what they say about a bad day fishing...

Looks like a nice relaxing time. I walk/hike 4-5 miles nearly everyday, mostly alone, for my daily PT at work. There are mountain trails and hot desert sun. Plenty of snakes or slips I can take which could really in a sever injury, but the solitude is awesome. I always tell my coworkers about where I'll be. Even had a couple phone calls wondering if I was OK because I lost track of time...haha.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:
Be careful. Sharkey doesn’t like scratches.

And agreed. I love this truck and trailer. Looking forward to see some fish pics if your able. [emoji106]

Top Bottom