ETE 2-2272352-5 Green Connectors Chrysler CAN MOD 20

JDDK

Anyone have issues with the green star CANBUS connector behind glovebox? Been working since Oct21 on tracing out a short or canbus issue and narrowed it to this. Jiggling wires causes it to light up xmas tree, lose shifter and sometimes steering.

JDDK

OK, ordered green star connector behind glovebox. 50 bucks. Swapped it and all canbus issues solved. Everything on canbus C goes through this and a resistor or ground on the little circuit board must have failed. I am 10 months into this fiasco of frustration and finally fixed. Don’t waste time at the dealer replacing other parts. Start with this one first. It will throw every code in the computer randomly!!!

ScoobyCarolanNC

OK, ordered green star connector behind glovebox. 50 bucks. Swapped it and all canbus issues solved. Everything on canbus C goes through this and a resistor or ground on the little circuit board must have failed. I am 10 months into this fiasco of frustration and finally fixed. Don’t waste time at the dealer replacing other parts. Start with this one first. It will throw every code in the computer randomly!!!
Wow dude awesome!!!

ScoobyCarolanNC

do you have a picture of that connector?
If you remove your glovebox you'll see it right there. Its basically a junction box for all kinds of wires and sensors. I think the glove box one is a major junction that mixes the various sensors and engine codes with the data from things like the dashboard and touchscreen.

Fun Ancedotes about that damn box.

The Taser JL has you remove 2 wires from the SGW which is some kind of security module for the can bus and thats how it "hacks" in. Very well designed and easy to use.

The ProCal Snap has you run wires from the green junction behind the dash to 2 empty ports on the OBD-II which is how it gets around the SGW. You have to pry open the OBD-II connector and insert these two wires and I broke one when I did it. The instructions kind of suck if you've never hacked a wiring harness before. Then I accidentally let the 2 wires touch while the jeep was running and it freaked the F out! Full Christmas tree, all the wipers were going in high, hazard lights triggered. At first I couldn't shut the jeep off which really freaked me out. Once I realized what had happened, I uncrossed the wires, shut off the jeep and she "rebooted" just fine. I had to clear a million codes and it went back to normal.

Top Bottom