ever miss your first jeep?

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Serg5000 said:
This is my first jeep. If its gone I hope it's because I got a newer one.

Don't get rid of it. Especially once the title is in hand.... Unless you hand it over for another Jeep that is! ;)

Thardin

nacho said:
i miss my first jeep some times. 1979 cj5, 304v8 and 3spd. Some day I would like to have another one, just for cruising around.

Funny, my first Jeep was a 1978 CJ5 with a built 304, 3 speed, 1 ton full width pickup axles, 4.56 gears, 5" springs and spring over axle conversion. It had a 3" body lift and ran 40x18 Ground Hawgs. Used to pull the front tires in first, but that little clutch did not like shifting into 2nd!

Damn, I miss that thing! Could not keep a front driveshaft in to save my life, but the chicks totally dug it!

NAUJK

This is my first jeep. If its gone I hope it's because I got a newer one.

I am with you on this one. This is MY first jeep not the families first jeep but my personal one. If I didn't have it anymore I would hope it would be for me to get a new and improved one.

ZERO LIMITZ

My first jeep was an '83 CJ7 it was stock when I bought it, then a 4" lift with 33's and a stereo system you could hear for miles!!!! Had a appointment to have it worked on and as I drove up in the parking lot of the Dealership, it caught fire and it was gone..... Went from a killer ride to a pile of molten metal with a steering wheel....... After the fire dept got it out, one of the salesmen came and give me his card and said, " looks like you might need this". I wanted to knock his teeth out....... He sold Fords

BTkillerr

I do miss my old 83CJ7. I loved the body style back then...it just had a tough, bulletproof look. I loved sitting on the fender with my feet inside the engine compartment working on stuff. It was so simple back then. And my daughter, then 3, still remembers driving in Ocean Beach with the top and doors off, wind blowing in her hair, sitting high up in her car seat lol. Great memories. But I wouldnt trade my'12 Rubi for it, but I do wish I had it sitting around to tinker on and cruise now and again.

BTKillerr

Prime8

I had a 96 XJ that was in cherry condition (and cherry in color). Had a 4.5 RE lift and 33 kevlars on it... Got about 11.5 mpg with the 4.0. Sometimes I miss it, but the jk wranglers are so nice its hard to miss it much. I miss the 4.0 though, compared to this 3.8... Looking forward to ordering my 2013 Rubi in September! I still give the wave to modified XJs, and they typically return it. Gotta shout out to my roots!

UAE455

Well in my case if I knew i would be so into jeeps like now I wouldn't have sold my 2004 TJ white Sahara, didn't have 10000miles on it coz didn't have much time to use it ...eh but the JKU is way to go

It wasnt my first jeep, but it was my favorite jeep that I miss the most. Always regretted selling it. Funny thing I woke up this morning, and looked threw the local ads for a jk, when I ran into my jeep for sale! The guy I sold it too does not use it and it has been sitting for the last 5 years...went to check it out today and i'm buying it back this week! Was looking forward to getting into a jk and meeting up with everyone on the trails, but I just cant pass this up :)

Drumr90

BlackDiamondBound said:
It wasnt my first jeep, but it was my favorite jeep that I miss the most. Always regretted selling it. Funny thing I woke up this morning, and looked threw the local ads for a jk, when I ran into my jeep for sale! The guy I sold it too does not use it and it has been sitting for the last 5 years...went to check it out today and i'm buying it back this week! Was looking forward to getting into a jk and meeting up with everyone on the trails, but I just cant pass this up :)

Dude thats cool not many times that happens.

MTG

Caught the Bug
My 2012 my first jeep and I miss it every time I have to go out of town for work and I am stuck driving a Dodge speck or whatever Hertz happens to give me. :)

GCM 2

My 2012 my first jeep and I miss it every time I have to go out of town for work and I am stuck driving a Dodge speck or whatever Hertz happens to give me. :)

Dude, I feel your pain :( Every week that I am on the road with work I am in a rental (and since I returned from the land of Afghans in February, the only days I have taken off were the two I wheeled with you in Moab), so I am at roughly 14 weeks, mon-fri, worth of rental cars to date this year. When I am home on the weekends, I basically find any reason to start the jeep, get it out of the garage and hit the road or trail. My upcoming work trip overseas will cover no less than 5 countries in about 80 days, at least this summer I will be wheeling in foreign lands :) I will still miss my rig back home though!

Serg5000

This may not have anything to do with this thread. But.......my daughter purchased her first jeep yesterday.

Attachments

• image-1534563619.jpg
    image-1534563619.jpg
    484.9 KB · Views: 64

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Serg5000 said:
This may not have anything to do with this thread. But.......my daughter purchased her first jeep yesterday.

That's awesome! Hope you told her to wave at other Jeeps!

KernHydro

I wish I had my first jeep.It was a 1987 YJ my dad bought brand new. I totaled it in a pretty bad accident :doh: but there was something special about it, the sound and shitty ride..I put 185,000 miles on it from all over califorina, washington, canada and alaska I truly loved that jeep.:tearsdrip: I now have a 2012 and I like it... new memories to come :yup:

Last edited:

kaptkrappy

I had a '78 CJ7 with the 304 auto a long time ago. I remember the soft door with the zip down windows. I wish I had those now.
I also had a '77 Scout SSII with the Safari trim 304 auto (IH attempt to make a Jeep).
I know it's not a jeep, but it is one of the reasons I drive a JK today.

Not mine, but just like it.
77 Scout SSII.jpg

Pilgrim55

53 Wilie high hood

My first jeep was a 1953 CJ3 B which was a high Hood with a Buick 198 V6 it was fun broke a lot of Axles

Top Bottom