Evo 1/4 pounder

JerseyJK

If you're looking for led's I would go with Baja designs...

I have both BD and rigid...and the BDs are better imo.

Quick Question, I too love the BD lights and I'm thinking of doing the Squadron Pros in my factory fog light location. My question is, does the pro version draw too much power for the stock fog light switch or should I stick with the regular squadrons? Sorry for hi-jacking the thread but I've tried looking it up with no luck. Thanks.

KenB1010

Those lights are 42watts / 12v = 3.5amps. I believe that the factory fogs are 55watts / 12v = 4.6amps. These BD LED draw slightly less power than the factory fogs.

bkac

Caught the Bug
I installed a set of D2s using the factory fog light wiring. I use a traildash program to allow use of the D2s with the high beams. Like many others I had a flashing issue with the LEDs installed in the factory wiring. I installed a resistor in front of the D2s and solved the flashing issue.

Can you explain a bit more about the resistor you used and where you got it? I'd like to do the same thing.

KenB1010

Can you explain a bit more about the resistor you used and where you got it? I'd like to do the same thing.

There are 2 ways to stop the LED flicker.
1. Install a resistor
2. Use a relay, you can wire to factory switch to fire the relay.

Since my LEDs draw less power than the factory fogs, I elected to go the simpler and cheaper route of installing a resistor. I used a 10watt 100ohm resistor and wired it parallel to the LED. In other words I soldered one end of the resistor to the negative side and the other to the positive wire. I then protected it with shrink tubing and wire loom. The resistor will get warm to the touch when the lights are on (that's what resistors do), but not too hot to hold in your hand.

You can buy the resistor at any electrical supply store or at Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/Amico-Axial-W...=1440349069&sr=8-13&keywords=10+watt+resistor

If you search for LED flicker, you'll find more info.

Also, when I called Rigid tech support about this issue they recommended that I buy an anti flicker warning canceller harness. I tried this method, it slowed the flicker, but didn't stop it.

bkac

Caught the Bug
There are 2 ways to stop the LED flicker.
1. Install a resistor
2. Use a relay, you can wire to factory switch to fire the relay.

Since my LEDs draw less power than the factory fogs, I elected to go the simpler and cheaper route of installing a resistor. I used a 10watt 100ohm resistor and wired it parallel to the LED. In other words I soldered one end of the resistor to the negative side and the other to the positive wire. I then protected it with shrink tubing and wire loom. The resistor will get warm to the touch when the lights are on (that's what resistors do), but not too hot to hold in your hand.

You can buy the resistor at any electrical supply store or at Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/Amico-Axial-W...=1440349069&sr=8-13&keywords=10+watt+resistor

If you search for LED flicker, you'll find more info.

Also, when I called Rigid tech support about this issue they recommended that I buy an anti flicker warning canceller harness. I tried this method, it slowed the flicker, but didn't stop it.

Awesome info, thanks

snowcrash

I used the stock fog wires to run some fogs. I ordered some KC fogs that fit the stock bumper but never mounted them in the stock bumper. I took the lights out of the housings and used a Home Depot L bracket and mounted them to the farilead light bracket. These rocked because they are low enough wattage to run with the stock wiring since they are LED lights. KC does sell a universal mounted version but you can not just buy the brackets. I have a feeling that will change so made something work till then.

11951791_673809356086477_1126960158013561279_n.jpg
IMG_3904.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom