EVO 1 epic roll footage at KOH

This is a much better example of his skill IMO.

the video wouldn't let me link to the right time so fast-forward to 11:28

After all, while he finished the run it was still an error that casued the flip. I mean don't get me wrong, he is the man (and much better driver then me), but I'm sure he would rather us talk about the non-flips than the flips. :thinking: Maybe I'm wrong.

UpsideUp

That was soooo bad ass!! Watching that suspension just fly over those rocks is so impressive! I guess that's the motivation for saving for the EVO DTD??

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Looking at this again, it looks like the roll cage on the drivers side collapsed a bit. I'm impressed it handled all that weight, and on the rocks too. Also, noticed KMC wheels? New sponsors or are they part of American Racing/ ATX?

GCM 2

I bet when he had that thing strait up he was thinking "oh this can't be good".

Nope, I was in the passenger seat and that is what I was thinking. I saw the ledge, but Mel was seeing a slope. Two of the biggest factors to the rollover was: 1- we did not have chance to pre-run the 'last chance qualifier' loop. 2- we were running waaaaayyyyy to fast coming into the turn in for the approach for the climb and drifted too far left to hit the correct line.

Fortunately the passenger side rear tire kicked us over to the driver's side just as we went vertical and saved us from turtle'ing flat onto EVO1's roof.....which would have been catastrophic ;(

GCM 2

...,,Also, noticed KMC wheels? New sponsors or are they part of American Racing/ ATX?

Wheel Pros is the 'mother' company of KMC, ATX, American Racing and several other brand wheels. ATX has basically been absorbed by KMC.

Nothing about the wheel have changed other than the name.

Hot94Z28

Nope, I was in the passenger seat and that is what I was thinking. I saw the ledge, but Mel was seeing a slope. Two of the biggest factors to the rollover was: 1- we did not have chance to pre-run the 'last chance qualifier' loop. 2- we were running waaaaayyyyy to fast coming into the turn in for the approach for the climb and drifted too far left to hit the correct line.

Fortunately the passenger side rear tire kicked us over to the driver's side just as we went vertical and saved us from turtle'ing flat onto EVO1's roof.....which would have been catastrophic ;(

Bet being the passenger was fun on that run.

Top Bottom