Evo bolt on co

jivesis

Am looking to get the evo bolt on co for my new rubi. It's my dd so am looking for a super nice on road ride and for most the trails I do which are mainly rough dirt high speed trails and technical slow rock work.. What are they like from evo or do I need to tell them what I'm doing with the truck so I get dif spring rates?

I'm not to familiar how co work..thanks guys

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Did you search evo coilovers? This has been covered hundreds of times.

They probably wouldn't be one of the best selling coilover kits out there if they rode like shit.

jivesis

Looks like my rims won't work they have 4.5 back spacing.. And if I get new rims I'll need new guards because the tyres will stick past the body line and we get massive fines and 3rd time they crush the cars..I wonder if the bottom mounts could be moved in an inch to slow for the 4.5 wheels...?

dchew

Caught the Bug
It depends on your tire size, specific rims and what control arms you plan to use. I have 37's on 4.5" back spacing (Hutchinsons) w/ EVO co's and EVO long arms. You can get away with without spacers on pavement but you cannot go off road without them. Tires rub at full stuff and at full droop the left rear will hit the sway bar (the axle swings to the right as it drops).

I actually ran a few months without my spacers because I snapped a stud off one of them when rotating my tires. I haven't been off road in 3 months :(

But those limits in the rear are not specific to coil overs. Any lift with a lot of flex would do the same.

Dave

Last edited:
Top Bottom