Evo bolt on coil overs

Yea I will be swapping out bumpers. I have an lod rear on the way. And still searching for a front.

I went with the LoD midwith front bumper and love the look and the ease of installation. Sorry do not have a good picture with me right now. Will be 6 months or so before I can get you a good one.

R/
Will

Atch

It just sucks cause we have a road trip coming up and it will be before my rear bumper shows up.

If you're planning a road trip I'm guessing that means you'll be loading up the cargo area. Which will still help having the extra weight back there.

jkpete

If you're planning a road trip I'm guessing that means you'll be loading up the cargo area. Which will still help having the extra weight back there.

I will have to try that. My girlfriends dad is checking the nitrogen charge since I'm working graves tonight. It just seems odd to me that even without bumpers and all it should still be soft. I took it down a dirt road this morning on my way home from work and it had some areas where puddles had Been. I hit them at a good speed and it didn't really soak them up. It was pretty jarring.

Atch

How long have you had them installed? At first mine seemed to ride stiffer than I had in visioned but now I absolutely love the ride they offer, especially offroad! I've had mine installed for about 5 months.

jkpete

How long have you had them installed? At first mine seemed to ride stiffer than I had in visioned but now I absolutely love the ride they offer, especially offroad! I've had mine installed for about 5 months.

They have about 150 miles on them.

How long did they take to quiet down? My wife's squeak like crazy.

Atch

They DON'T!! You can buy some aftermarket sliders that are suppose to help but they are about $250 for the front & same for the rear.

DJCFHB

I too was expecting a littler smoother ride but didnt get it, not at 28psi in the tires at least. When i aired down offroad the combo was much better than the previous coil and shock lift i had before. Waiting for the double d long arm kit to come in we'll see how that improves the ride quality with the coilovers. I forked out the money for the AGM sliders. if you dont want the noise they are worth it, quiet as can be.

I was referring to the noise of the coilovers...we have been trying to determine if its the long arms or the coils. When we drive it sounds like a rusty can haha but rides nice!

Atch

Just wait till you disco offroad and really get some good travel. It's a thing of beauty but a little noisy.

jkpete

I too was expecting a littler smoother ride but didnt get it, not at 28psi in the tires at least. When i aired down offroad the combo was much better than the previous coil and shock lift i had before. Waiting for the double d long arm kit to come in we'll see how that improves the ride quality with the coilovers. I forked out the money for the AGM sliders. if you dont want the noise they are worth it, quiet as can be.

We are going to try 26 psi and see how the ride is then. Mine coil overs haven't made a noise as of yet. She defiantly flexes better than stock.

Attachments

• image-1390624983.jpg
    image-1390624983.jpg
    474.3 KB · Views: 136

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I will have to try that. My girlfriends dad is checking the nitrogen charge since I'm working graves tonight. It just seems odd to me that even without bumpers and all it should still be soft. I took it down a dirt road this morning on my way home from work and it had some areas where puddles had Been. I hit them at a good speed and it didn't really soak them up. It was pretty jarring.
it's not odd to me the rides a little stiffer running a lighter jeep

The great thing is the coilovers are adjustable and can be changed. However I would not change it until you add the bumpers.

If your bottoming out you need to adjust the timing rings.

Last edited:

jkpete

The rear two were low on nitrogen so we bumped them up and the feel a lot better. I think the rear didn't have a lot of absorption going on it was just the springs. We will see when I get a chance to take it off road.

Top Bottom