EVO Bomber Rockers NO skins?

matt

Caught the Bug
Hello, I’ve been struggling to find a solid body mounted rock slider. The only other option that doesn’t require a skin that I found is the MetalCloak. I ran skins on my last couple of Jeeps and wanted to go without on my JT. So is anyone here running these without the skins as a reinforcement?

I like these aesthetically, so wondering if anyone who was running these without could give some input on what kind of abuse they can tolerate.

I think these have some kind of block or bracket that mounts to the pinch seam portion of the tub, could you add more of these to help distribute the load better since I would be running them without the skins? I’d be willing to do some more fab work if need be

I watched the JL install video.

Thanks.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Depending on how hard you play or don't play, I would say that the EVO Bombers would hold up fine without the skins. If you do play hard on the rocks, I don't think that ANY body mounted rocker guard would hold up well. I should note that EVO does now make their skins so that no drilling is required and I do feel they would work just as well. The main point of them is to provide extra support and to help distribute a load across the rocker panels.

matt

Caught the Bug
Depending on how hard you play or don't play, I would say that the EVO Bombers would hold up fine without the skins. If you do play hard on the rocks, I don't think that ANY body mounted rocker guard would hold up well. I should note that EVO does now make their skins so that no drilling is required and I do feel they would work just as well. The main point of them is to provide extra support and to help distribute a load across the rocker panels.
Thanks Eddie, as always I appreciate your input. I really like the EVO’s and it always helps seeing how something works to get an idea if it will work for your needs. I haven’t seen these run in this configuration so I was hoping someone on here would be running them like this to help me get a better idea if they are strong enough for me.

What I do know is the stock rails wont be enough.

🤯🤯🤯 What?

That's rad, I haven't seen those yet. Drilling 16 holes in each side of a new jeep and risking the nutserts stripping out or the holes not being perfectly aligned was scary to me. I definitely would have considered a no hole option.

JAGS

Hooked
Are the EVO sliders for the JT with the bolt on option not something you want? Price is similar to the bombers, nearly identical if you can weld.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
🤯🤯🤯 What?

That's rad, I haven't seen those yet. Drilling 16 holes in each side of a new jeep and risking the nutserts stripping out or the holes not being perfectly aligned was scary to me. I definitely would have considered a no hole option.
I've installed several sets of skins over the years and honestly, it's not as bad as you'd think. I have my system down and fortunately, have never had an issue but I'd be lying if I said the concern wasn't always there.

I've seen the new stick on skins up close and under heavy testing even out in the stupid hot AZ heat of summer and I am impressed with them. If I were to do skins again, they would be what I go with.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Eddie, as always I appreciate your input. I really like the EVO’s and it always helps seeing how something works to get an idea if it will work for your needs. I haven’t seen these run in this configuration so I was hoping someone on here would be running them like this to help me get a better idea if they are strong enough for me.

What I do know is the stock rails wont be enough.
So far, I've only seen them be run with the bolt on rocker guards but I'd have to think you could get them for the Bombers too.

Top Bottom