Evo "C" Gussets....

Rivertoys

Installed!!! They are VERY nicely made, and fit perfectly.

axle_1.jpg

axle_2.jpg

axle_3.jpg

axle_4.jpg

...And I am now even, officially out of parts to put on! First time in about 6 months.
thumb.gif
....now where's that quadratec catalog?
thinking.gif

Tackerdown

Banned
Hope my weld looks like that ,if not the pics will be from a little farther out.lol

EVO 4G WAYALIFE.

Last edited:

BadApple

how long have you been running your 35s without gussets? And how long did it take evo to get you those?

Rivertoys

how long have you been running your 35s without gussets? And how long did it take evo to get you those?

I am not running true 35s, they are 315/70s (about 34 1/8 with the weight of the vehicle) on MT Classic III's. The total package is about 17lbs heavier/wheel than the stock 32" BFGs. I installed the 315's in February, when I put the RK lift in. I have only had one very mild off-road trip since then though. I just sleeved the alxes on the weekend before last.

When I ordered the gussets from EVO, it took about 2-3 minutes for them to appear on the counter in front of me.
brows.gif

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Looks real good!! If C gussets were welded onto a 2013 JK Dana 30 front, how large of tires should one dare to go (with re gear, of course)?

StrizzyChris

Looks real good!! If C gussets were welded onto a 2013 JK Dana 30 front, how large of tires should one dare to go (with re gear, of course)?

If you gusset, on a D30, the ring and pinion will always be your limiting factor. Keep your regear as low as possible.

Sent from a migrant connectivity device

Rivertoys

You can gusset, sleeve, regear, chrome moly shaft, etc.... but IMO, the real limiting factor is how heavy your foot is on the skinny pedal and where you wheel that determines if/when you break/bend something. Only you know how you offroad, and where. Big difference in climbing near vertical rock gardens, deep muddy forests, and desert trails.... and mall parking lots for that matter.
doh.gif

sundaydriver

Is there any issue welding plate steel to cast?:thinking:
Did he use a wire feed or stick?
I've heard it can be tricky welding to cast steel. Special rod/wire. I only have a stick machine.
Looks real good by the way!!!:thumb:

BadApple

Must be nice to have somewhere that carries evo stuff lol i need to do them im runni.g 35/12.50 17 procomp extreme ats and i dont wanna do anything until i get some gussets luckily.the wife just drives it back and forth to work for now

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Rivertoys

Is there any issue welding plate steel to cast?:thinking:
Did he use a wire feed or stick?
I've heard it can be tricky welding to cast steel. Special rod/wire. I only have a stick machine.
Looks real good by the way!!!:thumb:

He mentioned that cast steel welds like butter. It was done MIG. He said stainless wire would be better, but not needed. I used to stick weld, but have not for many years. I don't see why you could not stick weld it. TIG of course would be best.

sundaydriver

He mentioned that cast steel welds like butter. It was done MIG. He said stainless wire would be better, but not needed. I used to stick weld, but have not for many years. I don't see why you could not stick weld it. TIG of course would be best.

Cool,Thanks. At least now I know what to expect!!

ssh6314

Does the EVO kit come with top and bottoms? I've seen some kits that completely encase the c top, bottom, everything. Such as this. Is a kit like this better. Overkill?, is evos kit like this?

Sent from my EVO-3d using WAYALIFE app.

Attachments

• 1369268758974.jpg
    1369268758974.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 138

RockyJk

Does the EVO kit come with top and bottoms? I've seen some kits that completely encase the c top, bottom, everything. Such as this. Is a kit like this better. Overkill?, is evos kit like this?

Sent from my EVO-3d using WAYALIFE app.

The evo kit does have top and bottom and that looks to be a truss kit

Top Bottom