Evo coilover install instructions

BBrown626

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I think this seems to be the most appropriate place to put this.

I know this is an older thread, but I was curious what coilovers do vs the standard springs for a JKU. I have a short arm 4" lift and I hear that coilovers provide much better ride quality. Are there any other benefits and how noticeable is the ride quality difference? Also, these are a pretty expensive upgrade so I was curious, can I just do the rear first and then the front at a later time or vise/versa?

Is there anything that needs to be done in preparation of buying and installing these such as other upgrades that need to happen first? I see so many people installing coilovers and I'm just trying to understand their reason for the upgrade and figure out if it's worth it for me.

I was pretty impressed with the improved ride on the road. My wife agrees. Without being asked our adult daughter said it rides better. The difference is not huge, but definitely noticeable. i have not taken it to the trails yet, but testing on a rough gravel road and a couple construction sites leads me to believe the offroad ride will be noticeably better too.

Compare the Evo kit to a set of rebuildable shocks from King, SAW or Fox. Add in the dual rate coils, brake lines and Rock Stars. They are not cheap, but they are a good value. Others will tell you that you can get the same flex with some dual rate coils and standard shocks.

I went with the the coil-overs largely because of the cost comparison I mention. So far it seems worth it. Time will tell.

Last edited:
Top Bottom