Evo corner skins

BlackKnight

I added a slider bar to mine and had almost the entire weight of the jeep resting on them. They did not even flinch.

I'm glad to hear that someone has put the slide bars on them, I was considering doing the same one I get them, and wanted to make sure they would be able to handle them...

silverbackjk

PS is stamped and used thinner metal.

I don't regret getting the Evo ones I think they look better than the pa ones. Just wish they fit a better. With the filament not being perfect and my install a hair off there is a little gap but its all good they still look amazing. It was my first major body armor install so now I know to triple check the fit!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

silverbackjk

I can understand the frustration, there is nothing worse than being even slightly dissatisfied with a purchase. I will tell you that from a durability standpoint these are the best corners you can buy. I added a slider bar to mine and had almost the entire weight of the jeep resting on them. They did not even flinch. I would sacrifice the small superficial fitment issue for the durability any day!

That looks really nice with the rocker bar added nice touch!

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I don't regret getting the Evo ones I think they look better than the pa ones. Just wish they fit a better. With the filament not being perfect and my install a hair off there is a little gap but its all good they still look amazing. It was my first major body armor install so now I know to triple check the fit!

I think you did a good job. If it were mine. I would fill it with RTV and call it good, you might make it worse

silverbackjk

I think you did a good job. If it were mine. I would fill it with RTV and call it good, you might make it worse

Thanks man:thumb: I am going to take your advice and just fill it in with RTV. If it really starts to bother me i will take it to a shop and have the top tab cut off and welded closer and re powder coated.

silverbackjk

I can understand the frustration, there is nothing worse than being even slightly dissatisfied with a purchase. I will tell you that from a durability standpoint these are the best corners you can buy. I added a slider bar to mine and had almost the entire weight of the jeep resting on them. They did not even flinch. I would sacrifice the small superficial fitment issue for the durability any day!

Do you have any pictures from the top looking down at that tab on the right?

biggy

Hey how did that manual tool work for you? I never sent mine back. :doh:

It worked well for a few holes then I over torqued it and snapped the aluminum. I finished the job with a thirty buck tool I found locally which worked great.

Top Bottom