EVO drag link flip

GoldenJK

I did mine a few days ago but used JKS kit. Super easy and they supply the bit. Drill out took less than 10 minutes, just use some oil. JKS kit has decent directions.

ldjernes

It's not that bad, once you start working on it the install goes pretty smooth I did mine a few months ago.

I am going to be doing the same here very soon with the Street Smart Yeti system but I dont know what sleeve to buy for the knuckle, anyone have any idea

werks

I am going to be doing the same here very soon with the Street Smart Yeti system but I dont know what sleeve to buy for the knuckle, anyone have any idea

I've been researching the Yeti system my self and if I'm understanding what you are asking correctly there are 3 different configurations that you can buy. The standard bottom mount set up and 2x top mount systems (that you would use if you run a drag link flip kit). The first of those 2 (PN#78069001) are for someone that has already run a drag link flip kit previously and had drilled their knuckle already. This set up comes with the standard stud and does not use their bushing. The second of the two top mount systems (78068001) is for people that are installing a top mount system for the first time and have never drilled their knuckle. This set up comes with their special reverse taper mount, bushing etc. (Please note that the part numbers that I quoted are for the complete set including tie bar and drag link assembly).

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Found instructions on the quadratech website. It does look pretty simple.

I would reccomend pulling the knuckle if you have the time so you have more room to drill. You just need to take you time and drill slowly and straight. I used a 7/8 bit that was too large and that does not work with the evo bushing. I used a 13/16 drill bit and it worked perfectly on another knuckle.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I would reccomend pulling the knuckle if you have the time so you have more room to drill. You just need to take you time and drill slowly and straight. I used a 7/8 bit that was too large and that does not work with the evo bushing. I used a 13/16 drill bit and it worked perfectly on another knuckle.

That's really not needed. I can't tell you how many I've done and I have never pulled the knuckle. Hell I didn't even pull the wheel off my orange JK.

Jk909

I don't think there is one. It is fairly simple. Hardest part is drilling out the steering knuckle. I did it using a 11/16 bit first, then a 3/4 and finally the 13/16 with WD-40 as lube.

You used lube as a cutting oil?

vjusmc

I used a 13/16 carbon steel drill bit from Amazon and a heavy duty drill. I was completely trough in about 1 1/2 minutes.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Yep, me too. This is the second one I've done and haven't had any problems (so far). I actually just used my 18v drill.

I used a 13/16 carbon steel drill bit from Amazon and a heavy duty drill. I was completely trough in about 1 1/2 minutes.

Which bit? I still haven't found one, was hoping to pick one up locally before doing the drag link flip, but that looks to be coming sooner than later.

Right now I'm doing the long arms on stock suspension to actually get a feel for the difference in ride. So far with the just the front arms on speed bumps... wow! Haha BIG difference in "harshness" I can't want to get the rears in and then swap out the rest of the kit to evo :yep:

Top Bottom