EVO DTD Lever

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I wonder a bit myself about how to best tune the system, really. I was thinking about a thread but I am sure it would get shot down with the "ride is subjective" comments. So I didn't even try. I can say that I am amazed at how well it performs and think to myself how every suspension system should be adjustable like that.

But speaking of valving, does anyone know if the valving is different on the KING coil over shocks when they are paired with the bypass shocks? My thoughts often wonder if I could remove the bypass shock and would the primary coil over be able to continue the same? I ask this since I have to turn out (reduce compression dampening and rebound dampening) the pipes a turn or two each.

What? Does a leaf spring perform like a coil? No.

They are not even close to the same. And why would you take off the bypass that you paid probably $2500 for? I can't even tell if this is a serious question.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sigma05

I run it on my Hummer but with Fox shocks and it runs very smooth. Tons of suspension travel without having the shocks at a funky angle that loses efficiency. Before anyone asks, Mel did the install. Not some made up copy. I'm extremely happy with it. Only thing was that the shocks were valved for a JK so I had them revalved for the Hummer.

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
I run it on my Hummer but with Fox shocks and it runs very smooth. Tons of suspension travel without having the shocks at a funky angle that loses efficiency. Before anyone asks, Mel did the install. Not some made up copy. I'm extremely happy with it. Only thing was that the shocks were valved for a JK so I had them revalved for the Hummer.

Pics or it didn't happen!

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
What? Does a leaf spring perform like a coil? No.

Not sure my 2016 JK came with leaf springs. I am also unsure what you are talking about. Can you explain?

They are not even close to the same.

Thank you for the clarification. I wasn't 100% sure but suspected that the EVO Spec King Shocks for coil overs were different than the EVO Spec King Coil Overs for Double Throw Down.

And why would you take off the bypass that you paid probably $2500 for?

I wouldn't, it was just a hypothetical.

I can't even tell if this is a serious question.

Of course it is. All questions from people who don't know seem like they are kidding. You know?

JAGS

Hooked
I wouldn't be surprised if he had some special valving in the coil overs, it is a race rig after all. Other than that, yeah, off the shelf as far as I know.

When you drop coin on a DTD, you get it set up however you want. That's why it's an EVO/king exclusive. EVO1 is 100% off the shelf suspension just like you or I could purchase first thing Monday morning.

JAGS

Hooked

Did you have the rhinod grey hummer that was at ORE for a bit?

TwistedTj

When you drop coin on a DTD, you get it set up however you want. That's why it's an EVO/king exclusive. EVO1 is 100% off the shelf suspension just like you or I could purchase first thing Monday morning.

Awesome.. that's what I was asking. I know every vehicle needs special valving.

Sigma05

Did you have the rhinod grey hummer that was at ORE for a bit?

D77DA553-7481-455A-A9C3-8764E0F8AD65.jpg

No. It's an FDE slantback Hummer H3 Alpha on ProRock 60s & IROK 40s.

Last edited:

JamesCo

Damn. I stand corrected when I've always said the Hummers are all shit. Being an ex-HMMWV mechanic and seeing the 2's break by just trying to climb over a small burm I've always shit talked about them. But I guess if you have Mel in your garage he can make shit happen!!!

Sigma05

Damn. I stand corrected when I've always said the Hummers are all shit. Being an ex-HMMWV mechanic and seeing the 2's break by just trying to climb over a small burm I've always shit talked about them. But I guess if you have Mel in your garage he can make shit happen!!!

Vehicles are only as good as your recognition of its weak points, and what you do to overcome them.

Top Bottom