EVO Enforcer now

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
Why buy the Enforcer kit when you already have the long arms? Just buy the Teraflex brackets and the plush ride coils and shocks of your choice!

Or better yet, sell the Teraflex arms and get the Double D EVO long arm with Johnny Joints. Much better.

pastorwug

Why buy the Enforcer kit when you already have the long arms? Just buy the Teraflex brackets and the plush ride coils and shocks of your choice!

Or better yet, sell the Teraflex arms and get the Double D EVO long arm with Johnny Joints. Much better.

As shown on the EVO website the Enforcer Kit comes with only 2 arms, not sure if they would be considered "long arm" or not.
I have all 8 arms of a Teraflex "Long Arm" kit and weld-on brackets as well as the other arms in their kit.

It seems to me to be a step backwards to get rid of the Teraflex arms and use just the 2 that come with the Enforcer kit. :thinking:

I'm pretty sold on the Enforcer Kit and I plan on asking EVO if they'll just keep their 2 arms and perhaps reduce their price. (Insert Jewish Smiley Face here)

Now the Double D Kit looks very nice and I thought about that one for a long while - but then I've got these Teraflex Arms.
The clear PLUS with the Double D is that it is completely bolt-on, which I'm sure could be welded on later if wanted.
AND, the fuel tank doesn't have to be removed for installation.
It does seem to be a more complete package

Thanks for getting me to think further, my wife would say - "It's a miracle!"

Last edited:

2007 JKU

Banned
Well if you can't find a good welder then stick with bolt on parts...really good welders are not hard to find :crazyeyes:

As shown on the EVO website the Enforcer Kit comes with only 2 arms, not sure if they would be considered "long arm" or not.

The arms that come with the EVO Enforcer kit are short arms.

I have all 8 arms of a Teraflex "Long Arm" kit and weld-on brackets as well as the other arms in their kit.

It seems to me to be a step backwards to get rid of the Teraflex arms and use just the 2 that come with the Enforcer kit. :thinking:

I'm pretty sold on the Enforcer Kit and I plan on asking EVO if they'll just keep their 2 arms and perhaps reduce their price. (Insert Jewish Smiley Face here)

Now the Double D Kit looks very nice and I thought about that one for a long while - but then I've got these Teraflex Arms.
The clear PLUS with the Double D is that it is completely bolt-on, which I'm sure could be welded on later if wanted.
AND, the fuel tank doesn't have to be removed for installation.
It does seem to be a more complete package

Thanks for getting me to think further, my wife would say - "It's a miracle!"

The Teraflex long arms are not compatible with the EVO Enforcer kit. The Enforcer doesn't need any new brackets, as it uses the mounting locations for the stock front lower control arms. If you are set on using the Teraflex arms, then you really have 2 options.

1. Utilize the Teraflex Long Arms, Buy the Teraflex Long Arm brackets, Use EVO plush ride springs and whatever shock you decide on.
2. Utilize the Teraflex Long Arms, Buy the EVO High-Clearance Long Arm Brackets, Use EVO Bolt-on Coilovers.

Keep in mind that the bolt-on coilover kits come with stainless steel brake lines, rear trackbar relocation bracket, extended bump stops and extended sway bar end links (all items you'll have to purchase additionally if you decide to go with option 1).

pastorwug

I just watched all 7 Youtube Videos produced by Teraflex on their 4" Long Arm install, not the kind of work that can be done in a garage unless that garage is a whole lot nicer than mine (with a lift and more room). :doh:
Those videos have convinced me that the Teraflex brackets need to be professionally installed - so, back to EVO's shop and their quote for a complete install - it's looking even better now.

I can see why it would take a couple of days for all the installs I want done while there = coils, draglink flip kit, F&R re-gear, teraflex brackets and arms, 1350 driveline and a few other misc. items.

Top Bottom