EVO extreme heavy duty tire carrier and stock 2012 Rubicon Wheels

dwvninety

Does anyone know if the stock Rubicon wheels pictured wheel-rubicon.jpg with a 37" tire work and fit on an EVO extreme heavy duty tire carrier? If not I will have to buy new wheels. Thanks.

I thought the center bore on stock wheels was too small for the carrier?
I was told it wouldnt work from ORE, genright and PS. I was going to do the same thing. Cant remember if it was a bore problem or a back spacing problem tho.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I know genright works, but the wheel needs to be turned around facing the jeep to work properly, but will work the other way as well just dont get as many threads. Genright uses a smaller "bolt" than the evo wheel adapter however.

I know genright works, but the wheel needs to be turned around facing the jeep to work properly, but will work the other way as well just dont get as many threads. Genright uses a smaller "bolt" than the evo wheel adapter however.
Im with ya. Yea didnt really want to run the wheel backwards, and was worried the factory backspacing would cause the wheel face to get damged from the carrier if ran normally.

ChaosNein

Wheels studs are not the issue. It is the CENTER hole on the wheel that will not work with the EVO MFG Carrier.

Negative, I tried and failed. The cone piece doesn't go down far enough to properly align and hold the wheel, even backwards. I suppose you could modify it, but at what point are you polishing a turd?

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Negative, I tried and failed. The cone piece doesn't go down far enough to properly align and hold the wheel, even backwards. I suppose you could modify it, but at what point are you polishing a turd?

Odd cuz I ran it facing out, and somehow it worked for me, guess I really cranked it down tho. Didnt last long however as I switched to walkers cuz the wheel face sat against the bolts and was starting to scratch the face.

Odd cuz I ran it facing out, and somehow it worked for me, guess I really cranked it down tho. Didnt last long however as I switched to walkers cuz the wheel face sat against the bolts and was starting to scratch the face.

Did you have 35s or 37s at the time? Just wondering if that would make a difference somehow. It also could be the difference between steel and aluminium. The aluminium one has a slightly larger "box" that the threaded post bolts to. :thinking:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Did you have 35s or 37s at the time? Just wondering if that would make a difference somehow. It also could be the difference between steel and aluminium. The aluminium one has a slightly larger "box" that the threaded post bolts to. :thinking:

Steel, didnt think about that difference. 35s at the time. It was sure a tight fit, but kind of worked.

Top Bottom