Evo front double throwdown....

Vettethret

It is already set up to add in the bypass shocks when I can afford it. Single coil over with reservoir. All mounts are welded in and ready to go. SDG has this setup also as you can see from the above post. DTD is expensive. I have to do it in pieces.

ok, thanks. I will go over this option with EVO.:thumb:

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
This thread sounded similar to my pending build until everyone chimed in. Then you realize the amount of welding/fabrication to get the DTD's installed, to only realize that the factory rubi axles wont be strong enough, to end up adding PR's to the build. Before you know it, youre spending 4X on what you originally wanted to spend, but doing it anyways....

Vettethret

This thread sounded similar to my pending build until everyone chimed in. Then you realize the amount of welding/fabrication to get the DTD's installed, to only realize that the factory rubi axles wont be strong enough, to end up adding PR's to the build. Before you know it, youre spending 4X on what you originally wanted to spend, but doing it anyways....

Shit, I better keep my punk ass in the Kiddie Pool then, I have NO PLANS to do a 40k build! Its CRAZY you can spend undergorund racing TT Viper money on these Jeeps!!! Addicting to say the least!

How is your build coming along?

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
Shit, I better keep my punk ass in the Kiddie Pool then, I have NO PLANS to do a 40k build! Its CRAZY you can spend undergorund racing TT Viper money on these Jeeps!!! Addicting to say the least!

How is your build coming along?

You can spend MORE than an Underground/Heffner/Hennessey Viper TT build on these jeeps. I am still waiting for Axles from Dynatrac and my shocks from King. Have a tentative start date for my build on 7/21 at ORE.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Getting to $70+k (exclusive of the cost of the Jeep) on a Jeep build is not that difficult if you are going high end everything, including a new motor, tranny, suspension and axles.

trailless

Caught the Bug
Getting to $70+k (exclusive of the cost of the Jeep) on a Jeep build is not that difficult if you are going high end everything, including a new motor, tranny, suspension and axles.

And at that point the only thing stock is the interior, tub, and the frame. (Insert crazy eye smiley face, can't get it on my phone...)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
And at that point the only thing stock is the interior, tub, and the frame. (Insert crazy eye smiley face, can't get it on my phone...)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Even then the frame is significantly modified (items welded to/added) and you probably have significant changes to the interior (sport cage/custom cage).

Last edited:

xflstl

^Agreed^ I just came back from Moab with a Bent battered and busted rear 60, the stock rear 44 would not hold up long at all if you really go wild. And if you are like me at all, as you get a feel for the DTD suspension, your foot will get heavier and heavier and your grin bigger and bigger.

Top Bottom