EVO half doors?

Crystaliner

Doesn't know shit about wheeling
Saw the doors in person today. The latching system is pretty cool. No rattle like my Savvy doors. #OREpleasemakelatchestofitmysavvydoors

YellowJK

Saw the doors in person today. The latching system is pretty cool. No rattle like my Savvy doors. #OREpleasemakelatchestofitmysavvydoors

Just wrap electrical tape on the latches. It wears out after a month but it stops all of that. I use little pieces of tubing wrapped in tape. No noise.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Just wrap electrical tape on the latches. It wears out after a month but it stops all of that. I use little pieces of tubing wrapped in tape. No noise.

It sucks that you pay so much money on the doors and wind up having to do some ghetto Jerry rigging!

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
For the love of God, why can't someone make a good set of aftermarket doors that have the handles at the same level?

Amen to this! I have yet to see a half door that I really like yet. These EVO ones look great, but there is no way my OCD could look past the level on the door handles. I guess it might not look so bad if the handles were color matched. I may be shopping for more half doors very soon, so I cant wait to see what the production version looks like and the final pricing.

Ddays

Hooked
Amen to this! I have yet to see a half door that I really like yet. These EVO ones look great, but there is no way my OCD could look past the level on the door handles. I guess it might not look so bad if the handles were color matched. I may be shopping for more half doors very soon, so I cant wait to see what the production version looks like and the final pricing.

Don't meant to hijack, but any update on your door leak issue?

xflstl

For the love of God, why can't someone make a good set of aftermarket doors that have the handles at the same level?

Lmao, this is why I went all stupid and got oem doors. I hated the look of uneven door handles. .. ocd I guess.

metalic

I agree with the look of the door handles.
Would these even be considered a half door or a tube door with a skin. Toe a half door is a full door as these don't close the bottom portion of the opening.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Don't meant to hijack, but any update on your door leak issue?

Nothing solid yet, other than the fact that they contacted me to let me know the MSRP to MSRP swap has been approved by Chrysler and if I do not like the deal they offer me for my positive equity and aftermarket parts, I can always go back to giving them my half doors in exchange for full steel doors. I doubled up the weatherstripping and have got 2 doors to stop leaking almost completely, but 2 are still like a waterfall. I'm going to continue messing with it until they call. If I get the leaks to stop I may just keep it as is.

epetry

I agree with the look of the door handles.
Would these even be considered a half door or a tube door with a skin. Toe a half door is a full door as these don't close the bottom portion of the opening.

Yeah this is true. It looks cool but won't keep the water out if crossing a creek or in mud. We will see what the final product looks like soon enough.

ttfhell

Yeah this is true. It looks cool but won't keep the water out if crossing a creek or in mud. We will see what the final product looks like soon enough.

Mopar half doors won't keep the mud out, it will just spray over them lol.
These are designed as trail doors not to be mopar equals. None of the aftermarket doors are going to do much on a creek crossing either. The fitment and gasket won't keep the water out very long.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Mopar half doors won't keep the mud out, it will just spray over them lol.
These are designed as trail doors not to be mopar equals. None of the aftermarket doors are going to do much on a creek crossing either. The fitment and gasket won't keep the water out very long.

To caveat this, I get sprayed with mud, water and everything else with the door uppers off. In addition, when we had the flooding here, we drove around to help stranded people who were cut off. I was in water about a quarter of the way up the doors and can tell you from experience the water still comes in. I ended up just pulling all the drain plugs so that the water automatically drained out when exiting the water. It wasn't coming like there wasn't a door there, but it still came in a lot. This was all buttoned up, with the doors on, drain plugs in. You could see it coming over the door sill every time we got in deep water. While the EVO doors might let more in from the opening at the bottom, I assure you stuff still gets in with the factory half doors. As ttfhell mentioned, the EVO doors are more like an enclosed tube door than a half door.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Has anyone seen the inside of these doors? I'm just wanting to know what they look like.

That's a good question. I have them sitting in my cart right now, but trying to find out what the inside looks like. If I had to guess, I'd say close to what the Savvy doors are, but really have no idea.

mastrcruse

Was going to make a new thread but thought I’d ask here. I was looking at half doors and the Evo ones came up. I like them but don’t really want the cutout in the bottom. Saw Mel post a picture which looks like Evo doors with inserts for the cutouts. Anyone know if this is something specially made for Mel or if they might be available to the public? Thought I could run inserts when driving to and from places then remove the cutouts while wheeling. Attached is the pic Mel posted focused on the doors.

Thanks!

Attachments

• EF120F87-A554-480B-9E0C-A3F8B2FE54EF.jpg
    EF120F87-A554-480B-9E0C-A3F8B2FE54EF.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 208

BaddestCross

I confirmed with Mel at JeepXperience Texas that the inserts are not available for purchase. He mentioned when they hit the website, they'd be available. Also, Drew confirmed this....so the inserts are not available. Just an FYI for anyone that also is curious.
So are you saying they WILL be available at some point or not? That basically sounded to me like EVO said if something isn't on our site you can't buy it. 🤣

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Top Bottom