EVO Mfg saved my Jeep

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
I am working that out now. I think I am going to have them throw a brand new oem one in and then swap them. Because I am moving in 3 weeks to Arizona and I would have to put both axles in, measure for the drive shaft lengths.
That looks like a PR44. If so just put the front end in and leave the front driveshaft out. Im assuming you said you have to swap both due to different ratios if you leave front driveshaft out no issue at all, will only be 2wd but hopefully then you can get a check back versus a throwaway axle.

Sent from my SM-G960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Brute

Hooked
That looks like a PR44. If so just put the front end in and leave the front driveshaft out. Im assuming you said you have to swap both due to different ratios if you leave front driveshaft out no issue at all, will only be 2wd but hopefully then you can get a check back versus a throwaway axle.

Good idea...

monstrousmac

Caught the Bug

I thought about that, problem is I am in Helena Montana right now and I will be driving to Tucson Arizona in late December through the snow. And making that trip through the mountain passes in Montana, Utah, and flagstaff towing a uhaul trailer in 2wd scares the crap out of me. Those mountain passes are horrible as is. Timing is just bad.

monstrousmac

Caught the Bug
I thought about that, problem is I am in Helena Montana right now and I will be driving to Tucson Arizona in late December through the snow. And making that trip through the mountain passes in Montana, Utah, and flagstaff towing a uhaul trailer in 2wd scares the crap out of me. Those mountain passes are horrible as is. Timing is just bad.

Plus worst case scenario I have 2 axles as spares for my wife’s JK sport and my Son’s JK Sahara.

jdofmemi

Glad you are ok.

Who would have thought the Dana 30 was the weak link?

Oh, I know, everyone here, that's for sure.

Nothing like driving through flagstaff and looking at allllllll of the tops of 80’ trees and cliffs and runaway truck ramps. Add snow to that and I think I’d be driving without a seat belt ready to jump ice road trucker style.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

zimm

Caught the Bug
I guess that Subie didn't have "eyesight" auto braking feature. Glad to know they held up to a real world impact. I feel much better with my kids in the back of the JK with the Evo sliders.

monstrousmac

Caught the Bug
Yea, they took one hell of an impact. I was surprised they did not bend even a little. I have been showing all my friends with Jeeps. Some of them have the cheap Shittybuilt ones.

Top Bottom