EVO Plush Ride Coil Question.

bo9roadking

Just and update on my steering issue. I replace my steering stabilizer a week ago and that solve my problem. With how it felt, I figured it would be more serious.

I'm betting that you still have the problem and the steering stabilizer is masking the issue. You should be able to run without a stabilizer and have no problems. The steering stabilizer is a bandaid fix. If you don't find and fix your problem, it will get worse and possibly more expensive to fix later.

Wayalife is right. You probably bent your tie rod when you were wheeling and need to fix it. If that isn't it, something else is still wrong.

dkjk

I'm betting that you still have the problem and the steering stabilizer is masking the issue. You should be able to run without a stabilizer and have no problems. The steering stabilizer is a bandaid fix. If you don't find and fix your problem, it will get worse and possibly more expensive to fix later.

Wayalife is right. You probably bent your tie rod when you were wheeling and need to fix it. If that isn't it, something else is still wrong.

I don't doubt that something else could be wrong. I did check my tie rod and its fine. Some of the techs I work with can tell my steering gear box is loose but not enough to cause the issues I've been having. The weirdest thing of it all is how my steering wheel was off centered, but then I put the new stabilizer on and it's centered back up. I didn't think that would happen. Idk. We haven't found anything else wrong. We've inspected everything.

deezus

Unlike coils made by other manufacturers which often yield more lift than advertised, the EVO plush ride coils will settle in at 3" of lift or 4" if that's what you buy. So long as you make sure to install the proper bump stop extensions to prevent the possible over compression of them, they will stay at that height.

Eddie, ty , this answered a question I had about my RK lift. The shop who originally installed lift had too little bump stop which from reading your comment above has caused my springs to overcompress. Would the EvO 4" work with an RK xfactor 3.5"? Thanks.

deezus

I don't doubt that something else could be wrong. I did check my tie rod and its fine. Some of the techs I work with can tell my steering gear box is loose but not enough to cause the issues I've been having. The weirdest thing of it all is how my steering wheel was off centered, but then I put the new stabilizer on and it's centered back up. I didn't think that would happen. Idk. We haven't found anything else wrong. We've inspected everything.

Ive knocked my steering off and you straighten it back adjusting your drag link and NOT your steering stabilizer as far as I know.

Top Bottom