EVO Plush Ride

Jeepfan30

Bringing this back . I'm looking at buying the 3" plush ride springs and needed a Lil more feedback as to what else I would need besides shocks and disconnects

Or...if you are not going to be wheeling right away, skip the disconnects and brake lines and get front lower arms. That way you can install the coils and correct the caster, at least it will be a good daily driver. Without the disconnects your brake lines wont be in danger of over extending. Just another option for ya!

Do you NEED the driveshaft or can you use the stock shaft?
If you actually wheel you will w the 3"enforcer. If your just daily driving it you may be alright. The issue becomes the steep angle your front drive shaft mates with your tcase (the rzeppa joint), it will fail eventually. Plus youll also probably rip the slipshaft boot.

Jeepfan30

If you actually wheel you will w the 3"enforcer. If your just daily driving it you may be alright. The issue becomes the steep angle your front drive shaft mates with your tcase (the rzeppa joint), it will fail eventually. Plus youll also probably rip the slipshaft boot.

Good point. As long as you don't disconnect you will be ok with the stock DS for awhile.

Edit: But what fun is staying connected!

Awesome! Thankyou, the only reason I ask is I'm looking into EVO coils not the enforcer just coils right now so I'm curious if I do need the driveshaft and control arms or if I can slowly piece it together. I do some light wheeling mostly mall crawling though. Hahah

Jeepfan30

Awesome! Thankyou, the only reason I ask is I'm looking into EVO coils not the enforcer just coils right now so I'm curious if I do need the driveshaft and control arms or if I can slowly piece it together. I do some light wheeling mostly mall crawling though. Hahah

I would get front lowers right away at a minimum if you are going to install the 3" coils, otherwise your steering will be a little flighty. The other components mentioned can be added later, but you will want the front DS, bump stops and brake lines before wheeling.

I would get front lowers right away at a minimum if you are going to install the 3" coils, otherwise your steering will be a little flighty. The other components mentioned can be added later, but you will want the front DS, bump stops and brake lines before wheeling.

I already have a jeep 3 inch lift with stock arms and an EVO drag link flip. My steering is fine can't complain since putting the drag link flip.

Even though you may think it drives fine, youll see a nice difference in the way it handle by getting adjustable LCAs and getting your caster set back close to factory.

I will definitely do so! It is in the plans for the jeep moving forward but the $$$ isn't there just et!

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

Good point. As long as you don't disconnect you will be ok with the stock DS for awhile.

Edit: But what fun is staying connected!

I ran a stock driveshaft for 60k miles. 52k on about 4" of lift and the rest on 3" of lift. It was still fine when I removed it.

I ran a stock driveshaft for 60k miles. 52k on about 4" of lift and the rest on 3" of lift. It was still fine when I removed it.

Thats impressive really. Especially wheeling it. I dont doubt that some last, but ive seen a couple not last 5-10k also.

Top Bottom