EVO product questions...

Donny

IMHO I'd go with the 4" in case you want to later move to 37s.

FoxC is running the 2.0s and may chime in, but I doubt there is much difference between the 2.5s and the 2.0 on the road and I can tell you it handles great!

This thought has accured to me I, in all honesty, didn't know if 3" runnig flats would still work well. I love the look of Rubicat and the stance at 3.5" is nice and low for the COG. I'd hate to guess how much it would cost me to build mine to that level...:yup:

Donny

MTG

Caught the Bug
Donny said:
This thought has accured to me I, in all honesty, didn't know if 3" runnig flats would still work well. I love the look of Rubicat and the stance at 3.5" is nice and low for the COG. I'd hate to guess how much it would cost me to build mine to that level...:yup:

Donny

16K+ not including labor.

There is a build sheet near the beginning of this thread: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?607-RubiCAT-Gettin-EVO-d-UP!!

Last edited:

Prime8

I just found a couple Marson styles on Amazon...The heavy duty one is 138.00 I will probably go that route. The horror stories have me concerned from other forums but here everyone seems to be a little more calm about the experience. I'm spending my day tomorrow replacing my radiator in the Explorer (leaking like a siiive after 127,000+ miles) then saturday I pull my starter on my Harley (44,000+miles) so working on stuff doesn't intimidate me...I JUST DONT WANT NO COCKEYED PANEL ON MY RIG!! That would cause tears!!! :)

Donny

I used the Harbor Freight ones for the rockskins/carrier install. I bought 3 for $16 each. One is still new in the package and can be returned. The other two were FUBAR after install, but they have a lifetime warranty. So I returned those too. I prefer free tools to $134 tools. Buying an obscure tool on Amazon that I probably won't ever use again wasn't really a good decision for me, so I went with the HF and they worked fine.

FoxC

I used the Harbor Freight ones for the rockskins/carrier install. I bought 3 for $16 each. One is still new in the package and can be returned. The other two were FUBAR after install, but they have a lifetime warranty. So I returned those too. I prefer free tools to $134 tools. Buying an obscure tool on Amazon that I probably won't ever use again wasn't really a good decision for me, so I went with the HF and they worked fine.
I got lucky with the green HF nutsert tool I bought. It did pretty good until the very last nutsert...and then exploded into about 10 pcs. But man, my hands were sore for about a week afterwards.:icon_crazy:

Donny

I got lucky with the green HF nutsert tool I bought. It did pretty good until the very last nutsert...and then exploded into about 10 pcs. But man, my hands were sore for about a week afterwards.:icon_crazy:

Wife broke out the calculator and said your math is better than mine...3 HF tools are still a third of the cost of the Marson...

FoxC...MTG...and all other Enforcer runners....Can you post a side pic of your rig with 35's with the Enforcer installed? It will be a little while before I can run 37's because I'm still on a D30. I can sleeve it and gussett it and wheel with care but I don't know how long it will last and it will take me at least a year and a half to committtttttt the 5K to a PR44 and regear the back.

Donny

Last edited:

MTG

Caught the Bug
Donny said:
Wife broke out the calculator and said your math is better than mine...3 HF tools are still a third of the cost of the Marson...

FoxC...MTG...and all other Enforcer runners....Can you post a side pic of your rig with 35's with the Enforcer installed? It will be a little while before I can run 37's because I'm still on a D30. I can sleeve it and gussett it and wheel with care but I don't know how long it will last and it will take me at least a year and a half to committtttttt the 5K to a PR44 and regear the back.

Donny

No side shots with 35s on my phone, but I've posted on here before with the 35s.

I found a 2 handed version of the tool on sale for ~$60 and if I can find it again, I'll be using that one...math or no math. ;)

Sharkey

Word Ninja
No side shots with 35s on my phone, but I've posted on here before with the 35s.

I found a 2 handed version of the tool on sale for ~$60 and if I can find it again, SHARKEY will be using that one...math or no math. ;)

I fixed it for you. :cheesy::cheesy:

Donny

I found a 2 handed version of the tool on sale for ~$60 and if I can find it again, I'll be using that one...math or no math. ;)

I found your pics with the 315's on your rig... Thanks !

Donny

MTG

Caught the Bug
Donny said:
I found your pics with the 315's on your rig... Thanks !

Donny

Cool!

I think the 4" lift, stock fenders and 35s look great! For most stuff off road you'll be fine clearance wise too! This is with 35s:

image-1496765367.jpg

image-278609700.jpg

Donny

Where were those pics taken at? AND if I'm not going to be fast running the desert here will the King 2.0's do as well as your 2.5's?

And how do you like your tire carrier? I like the functionality of LoD and the options available for camping...

Donny

MTG

Caught the Bug
Donny said:
Where were those pics taken at? AND if I'm not going to be fast running the desert here will the King 2.0's do as well as your 2.5's?

And how do you like your tire carrier? I like the functionality of LoD and the options available for camping...

Donny

Near Lake Alpine, Ca

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?1658-Slickrock-Trail-Run-2012

I think you'll be fine with the 2.0 Kings.

I really like the LOD bumper/tire carrier. You can't beat it for all the options you can add for sure. That said, I'm probably going to swap it out for a EVO carrier and run without a bumper.

FoxC

Donny
Donny, Here are 3 pics from my phone that shows the "evolution" of my rig:
2.5" lift w/315's
IMG_20120723_173109.jpg
4" Evo lift w/315's
IMG_20120824_113441.jpg
4" Evo lift w/37's
IMG_20120902_104600.jpg

Donny

MTG and FoxC Thanks for the pictures!!

I was very much on the fence between the Enforcer and the bolt on coilover kits. I think I will be able to do everything with the Enforcer that I would be willing to do with my jeep. I know you both got the 4" vs. the 3" and went to 37's. If I feel that I may have to financially stay at 35's for a whillllllleeeeee:eek: would you still say 4" over 3" reference trying to keep a low COG?

Donny

FoxC

MTG and FoxC Thanks for the pictures!!

I was very much on the fence between the Enforcer and the bolt on coilover kits. I think I will be able to do everything with the Enforcer that I would be willing to do with my jeep. I know you both got the 4" vs. the 3" and went to 37's. If I feel that I may have to financially stay at 35's for a whillllllleeeeee:eek: would you still say 4" over 3" reference trying to keep a low COG?

Donny
I would still go the 4" route. The coils will set in after a while and you'll end up with around 3.5"s anyway. The extra breakover clearance on a 4 door is also good to have. Get the 35's and wheel it until you want to move up to 37's properly. That way you'll be set lift wise when that day comes.

Donny

I would still go the 4" route. The coils will set in after a while and you'll end up with around 3.5"s anyway. The extra breakover clearance on a 4 door is also good to have. Get the 35's and wheel it until you want to move up to 37's properly. That way you'll be set lift wise when that day comes.

Thanks:thumb: I spoke to EVO today and queried them on a few other questions then discussed a PR44 and determined that it shall be 5K:doh: I thought it might be a little less but it isn't gonna stop me in a year or so. So 35's it shall be!!

Now I need to decide if I'm gonna go with the EVO carrier, LOD carrier, or the Genright!!!:thinking:

Donny

MTG

Caught the Bug
Donny said:
Thanks:thumb: I spoke to EVO today and queried them on a few other questions then discussed a PR44 and determined that it shall be 5K:doh: I thought it might be a little less but it isn't gonna stop me in a year or so. So 35's it shall be!!

Now I need to decide if I'm gonna go with the EVO carrier, LOD carrier, or the Genright!!!:thinking:

Donny

So what did you decide?

If it where me I'd go 4" as well for the reasons FoxC stated.

I have to say though, if you are at all itching for 37s you might just consider waiting longer and going that route first. My 35s only lasted 5-6 months. :(

Top Bottom