EVO products

dahreno

Banned
Just to make you all feel better, my whole Jeep has been in the shop for a year ! That's right, a year. Other shops in my area has built KOH rigs in much less time .I am having a lot of work done, and most of it is custom but, come on ! They can't seem to turn away small jobs that come in and my Jeep gets pushed back. I guess I really can't blame them for that, it's hard to turn away work in this day and age.

Raceplayhavefun

Just to make you all feel better, my whole Jeep has been in the shop for a year ! That's right, a year. Other shops in my area has built KOH rigs in much less time .I am having a lot of work done, and most of it is custom but, come on ! They can't seem to turn away small jobs that come in and my Jeep gets pushed back. I guess I really can't blame them for that, it's hard to turn away work in this day and age.

Ok, you win! I know how that goes and it sucks!

to the rest, I'm not upset, just mildly frustrated. I truly understand the nature of this industry and small shops. What is coming is a full double throw down front, long arm high clearance etc and EVO lever rear. Now before anyone jumps on the "king" bus, all the shocks and air bumps have been here for about 6 weeks. It's just the links, brackets, etc, that I am waiting on. virtually all my other parts have arrived. The 60s are sitting here waiting for brackets from EVO but otherwise complete. the atlas is going in this week as soon as I finish the Poison Spyder fenders, corners, sliders, and rear bumper. the IROKs are mounted on the bead locks.

As a business owner I have a simple mantra: say what you are going to do, do what you say. To me, that is the frustrating part from EVO. they've set low expectations then consistently failed to meet them. I know their quality is great, but I can guarantee you that it is not much to no better then my 08 which was built in less time than it has taken for the EVO parts to arrive. Ok, ok, the new one will be better, it has the 3.6 and auto vs the 3.8 and stick shift. But if I could get the 13 done and out of the the way I could get the Hemi into the 08! spring is coming quick, even here in VT!

guys, thanks for listening to my rant. I'm far from blowing my top and have never ranted on the net before. Just tired and frustrated the other day when I first posted. thanks for the support, commiseration, and offers of help! I'm sure it will all show up soon and make me feel better!

JKbrick

Here's the big question:

Did you order from EVO Mfg.,

Off Road Evolution

Or a vendor

EVO Mfg is a separate company from ORE and you should call EVO directly if you have questions. Otherwise if it was from a vendor they have to wait in line like everyone else for their products. High demand and their products are made to order.

Most people think EVO Mfg and Offroad Evolution are one in the same. They are not. Yes Mel owns a part of both companies but they operate separately.

I know they are separate companies but could you explain who does what please? Is one manufacturing and one sales? I've purchased quite a few things and now I'm not even sure from whom.

radley

Interesting. Currently, I intend to take my Jeep to ORE for a full build as soon as the stars align for said build to take place (lift, wheels/tires, bumpers, sliders, winch, driveshafts, and more). But my rig is my DD, and as such parting with it for more than a few weeks would be problematic. Is a period of several months "in the shop" common?

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Interesting. Currently, I intend to take my Jeep to ORE for a full build as soon as the stars align for said build to take place (lift, wheels/tires, bumpers, sliders, winch, driveshafts, and more). But my rig is my DD, and as such parting with it for more than a few weeks would be problematic. Is a period of several months "in the shop" common?

Do you think they would still be in business if jeeps stayed in the shop for months? No, it depends on what your build is, what custom requests you have made.

There's a reason everyone wants to take their jeep to EVO. It's not the ordinary corner jeep place that bolts parts on from a catalog. They actually build the parts.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I know they are separate companies but could you explain who does what please? Is one manufacturing and one sales? I've purchased quite a few things and now I'm not even sure from whom.

EVO MFG makes the parts, ORE sells them and builds the jeeps.

BBG

As with any company right now it's tax season people that have been saving and waiting for this time of the year to make big purchases so expect longer than normal wait times for products and services these guys are working around the clock. ... It's amazing how much product they do turn out with limited space and personal you can't rush quality. ...... For the people that are complaining.......... How many threads on here or anywhere have you heard of evo products failing...... Go ahead I'll wait. .....:rolleyes:....... They take the time and do shit right. .... You may have to wait a little, but you won't haff ta worry about taking your jeep back them because of some part that failed, or was improperly made. HAVE PATIENTS MY FRIENDS! :)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

radley

Do you think they would still be in business if jeeps stayed in the shop for months? No, it depends on what your build is, what custom requests you have made.

There's a reason everyone wants to take their jeep to EVO. It's not the ordinary corner jeep place that bolts parts on from a catalog. They actually build the parts.

Thanks for the quick response. Is it conceivable that a company could remain in business, and even thrive, with turnaround times measured in months and not days or weeks? Absolutely. Depends on many factors, not the least of which are the tolerance of said company's core set of customers (even if said tolerance is not shared by ancillary customers), relationships with related companies in a larger parent organization, and revenue composition.

At any rate, you mentioned a couple of the primary reasons for why I intend to go to ORE -- they're not an "ordinary corner jeep place," and they build high-quality, badass parts. Another important factor is the exceptional service that many at Wayalife have touted. Even so, after reading the OP's rant and then dahreno's bit, I started to think that perhaps ORE wait times might be too long for me, which is why I posed my question.

Again, thanks for the quick response. Good to know that "months" isn't the norm! :thumb:

radley

As with any company right now it's tax season people that have been saving and waiting for this time of the year to make big purchases so expect longer than normal wait times for products and services these guys are working around the clock. ... It's amazing how much product they do turn out with limited space and personal you can't rush quality. ...... For the people that are complaining.......... How many threads on here or anywhere have you heard of evo products failing...... Go ahead I'll wait. .....:rolleyes:....... They take the time and do shit right. .... You may have to wait a little, but you won't haff ta worry about taking your jeep back them because of some part that failed, or was improperly made. HAVE PATIENTS MY FRIENDS! :)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Good point about tax season. I haven't had a return in years! I always pay a little more on April 15, which is the way I want it...no need to give the government an interest-free loan!

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Thanks for the quick response. Is it conceivable that a company could remain in business, and even thrive, with turnaround times measured in months and not days or weeks? Absolutely. Depends on many factors, not the least of which are the tolerance of said company's core set of customers (even if said tolerance is not shared by ancillary customers), relationships with related companies in a larger parent organization, and revenue composition.

At any rate, you mentioned a couple of the primary reasons for why I intend to go to ORE -- they're not an "ordinary corner jeep place," and they build high-quality, badass parts. Another important factor is the exceptional service that many at Wayalife have touted. Even so, after reading the OP's rant and then dahreno's bit, I started to think that perhaps ORE wait times might be too long for me, which is why I posed my question.

Again, thanks for the quick response. Good to know that "months" isn't the norm! :thumb:

Perhaps the quick turn around parts made in china is a better fit? I highly doubt it.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I'm far from blowing my top and have never ranted on the net before. Just tired and frustrated the other day when I first posted. thanks for the support, commiseration, and offers of help! I'm sure it will all show up soon and make me feel better!

Maybe it's just because I'm tired for frustrated but, did you say exactly where you ordered from? EVO? Offroad Evolution? Just wondering who exactly is making you wait so long for products that are made to order.

I have to be honest, your rant sounds like "bitching" or being just plain impatient.

You know I am trying to be helpful, just so you know we have a thread for that very thing :yup: :thumb: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=12273

bl17z90

I didn't realize that evo made all parts to order. I figured they stocked most of the more popular products.

Toxic

Well I ordered the Fascia Rear 1/9 said to ship 1/20 and have yet to see it. Think for EVO items I'll just go through Northridge 4x4. If the item is in stock I can have the parts next day and with free shipping. Charged me 20+ in shipping for a shirt and decal UPS, could have mailed it for cheaper then that.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I didn't realize that evo made all parts to order. I figured they stocked most of the more popular products.

I don't know if you are being facetious or not but, I'll say this. I am not an employee or representative of EVO mfg., or Offroad Evolution. I can speculate that items such as the long arms, sliders, bumpers and tire carriers are made to order. That is, not withstanding some businesses that do stock EVO parts may have some on hand. Other items may be stocked, coils, gussets, tubes and such.

Again, I am an OFFICIAL, non-paid non-attorney non-spokesperson. :cheesy:

piginajeep

The Original Smartass

They are not made to order. They are built for stock, being that they are in high demand with many stocking dealers they don't last long.

SaddleTramp

His rig isn't at ORE, it's at a shop local to him. His post may have given the impression it was at ORE but his situation is unrelated.

SaddleTramp

I had about every stock suspension piece cut off and EVO hardware burned back on and a number of other "essential upgrades" (as I refer to them to the wife) installed and had my JK back in a week after my work/install started even over a busy holiday week.

As others have stated, worth every minute of wait both for parts to be made and for installation. Just talked to the folks over at MFG yesterday about some coilover setup questions, and as expected, first class customer service!

Last edited:

bl17z90

I don't know if you are being facetious or not but, I'll say this. I am not an employee or representative of EVO mfg., or Offroad Evolution. I can speculate that items such as the long arms, sliders, bumpers and tire carriers are made to order. That is, not withstanding some businesses that do stock EVO parts may have some on hand. Other items may be stocked, coils, gussets, tubes and such.

Again, I am an OFFICIAL, non-paid non-attorney non-spokesperson. :cheesy:

No I was being serious.

But what I have taken from this is that you are Non paid :bleh:
^that was me joking. :yup:

They are not made to order. They are built for stock, being that they are in high demand with many stocking dealers they don't last long.

Ab ok. I know my sliders were on back order. Kinda makes sense people love them. I was amazed at how solid they were when i got my hands on them. Basically what I'm saying is they were well worth the wait.

radley

I had about every stock suspension piece cut off and EVO hardware burned back on and a number of other "essential upgrades" (as I refer to them to the wife) installed and had my JK back in a week after my work/install started even over a busy holiday week.

As others have stated, worth every minute of wait both for parts to be made and for installation. Just talked to the folks over at MFG yesterday about some coilover setup questions, and as expected, first class customer service!

Nice! Excited to take my JK down there. Thanks for chiming in...very helpful!

Top Bottom