EVO Protek Skid system

bapicella

Okay I was doing some research today on the coast shaft my buddy has... It is a 1310 front coast shaft. Because I am running 37s would it be better to run a 1350 shaft or run the 1310 and have it be the weak link in the system because I am still running a dana 30 up front? :grayno:

GraniteCrystal

Okay I was doing some research today on the coast shaft my buddy has... It is a 1310 front coast shaft. Because I am running 37s would it be better to run a 1350 shaft or run the 1310 and have it be the weak link in the system because I am still running a dana 30 up front? :grayno:
And this pertains to the Evo skids how exactly?

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Build thread: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=32769

GraniteCrystal

I am running exhaust spacers and was told I can't run evo skids with them. A recommendation was to buy a dc front shaft.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Ah. Do some searching on this in the forum. There's differing opinions on this but I think most say to run a 1350.

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug

I would go with the 1350, and change out axles sooner than later

bapicella

Ah. Do some searching on this in the forum. There's differing opinions on this but I think most say to run a 1350.

Yeah I found a few threads, some saying run a 1310 and it's cheaper to replace then anything else. Others said 1350 so you don't have to worry, some have even said that is still a weak link. Was just looking to get some insight on what people were running.

R

RockyMtnAnvil

Being that the 1310 is a freebie I would run it... In my opinion the 1310 will take the level of punishment that you will likely be willing to give the D30... save for a PR44 or PR60 F/R and upgrade the driveshaft then.

Edit: Sorry, didn't see your post when I started typing. I would still run the 1310 until you add the PR44 (nice choice by the way) :thumb: After installing the PR, you can measure and have the correct drive shaft installed.

Last edited by a moderator:

WJCO

Meme King
I just installed a PR 44 with chromoly shafts. I purposely went 1310 on the drive shaft for the reason that I already had one, but also that I wanted that to be the weak spot. I am only running 33s though as well. I don't anticipate issues but would much rather deal with a drive shaft than anything else if something were to happen.

R

RockyMtnAnvil

I did the same thing... PR44, 1310 Driveshaft, 37" tires... not a guarantee, but I tried to build in a "fuse" of sorts.

2Cross

Caught the Bug
I have a 1310 on my front axle and have broken the front shaft (Tom Woods). In the process it broke the output shaft on my transfer case. I would go 1350 if I had it to do over.

Top Bottom