Evo sliders and pinch seams

Havoc40

I used a long 3/4 square steel tube run along the bottom of the pinch to keep the gap even. Then the welder clamped in place. Even with that, with enough force I've still managed to flex it enough to rub.

Thanks, that's what I needed to know! I have some .750" material as well. Knowing that you're still rubbing with .750" clearance I might try .875" instead. I'll see how it looks and go from there. I'm not too concerned with a little rubbing...especially with rocker skins. I don't want them hanging down any more than they have to.

JAGS

Hooked
Thanks, that's what I needed to know! I have some .750" material as well. Knowing that you're still rubbing with .750" clearance I might try .875" instead. I'll see how it looks and go from there. I'm not too concerned with a little rubbing...especially with rocker skins. I don't want them hanging down any more than they have to.

It's not rubbing per se. It's more flexing into. Not sure you can avoid it if you play on any rocks.

I'm also not sure you could go more than .75 and still have them mount completely on the frame.

Havoc40

It's not rubbing per se. It's more flexing into. Not sure you can avoid it if you play on any rocks.

I'm also not sure you could go more than .75 and still have them mount completely on the frame.

Ya, I was wondering about the mounting tabs with too much clearance. Like I said, I'm not too worried about rubbing from flexing or hard impacts. If I could minimize it with a little extra clearance I would, but it is what it is. I don't get a chance to play on many rocks up here in Michigan. I do plan on making a few trips out west for Moab and the Rubicon, though.

Thanks again for the insight! Saved me some time figuring out where to start with spacing.

Top Bottom