EVO Sliders w/out Evo Rocker Skins?

JAGS

Hooked
I guess I grossly underestimated the time/rates for install. I thought product plus 50% for install.

Guess I got to sell more πŸ„πŸ’ŠπŸ’‰.

MTG

Caught the Bug
I guess I grossly underestimated the time/rates for install. I thought product plus 50% for install.

Guess I got to sell more ο„ο’Šο’‰.

I'm guessing most the shops near you are $100/hr and up. Better learn to turn a wrench and try not to break an arm. :cheesy:

JAGS

Hooked
I'm guessing most the shops near you are $100/hr and up. Better learn to turn a wrench and try not to break an arm. :cheesy:

I can turn wrench.....ha ha ha (A$$), but would never think about welding. There's some serious skill for that.

Just got a save a few more pennies. I financed the jeep, so not financing the mods. Thought I was there. So close.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I can turn wrench.....ha ha ha (A$$), but would never think about welding. There's some serious skill for that.

Just got a save a few more pennies. I financed the jeep, so not financing the mods. Thought I was there. So close.

You can do the skins yourself and I think its a 2 hour job for welding the sliders one. If I get off my arse and get to the garage more I could weld them on for you.

JAGS

Hooked
You can do the skins yourself and I think its a 2 hour job for welding the sliders one. If I get off my arse and get to the garage more I could weld them on for you.

I'm thinking maybe do the skins myself? With the price they gave on the phone, it's more than 2 hrs for sliders. You weld? Seriously?

I may need to haggle/beg and just cough up to have them do sliders.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I'm thinking maybe do the skins myself? With the price they gave on the phone, it's more than 2 hrs for sliders. You weld? Seriously?

I may need to haggle/beg and just cough up to have them do sliders.

I taught myself to weld yeah. I can but need more practice.

I was told that it was around a 2 hour job for just welding on the sliders. I am sure if you grind away at the frame and get it cleaned up to weld everything it would save a little bit.

JAGS

Hooked
I taught myself to weld yeah. I can but need more practice.

I was told that it was around a 2 hour job for just welding on the sliders. I am sure if you grind away at the frame and get it cleaned up to weld everything it would save a little bit.

You can practice on yours and then do mine. πŸ˜‰

I didn't really ask on ways to cut cost by doing leg work. Was more just getting ballpark. They're not too far from me. I may just cruise over and talk with them more in person.

I'm keeping you as option 1B. πŸ‘πŸ»

10frank9

Web Wheeler
You can practice on yours and then do mine. πŸ˜‰

I didn't really ask on ways to cut cost by doing leg work. Was more just getting ballpark. They're not too far from me. I may just cruise over and talk with them more in person.

I'm keeping you as option 1B. πŸ‘πŸ»

J. Plenty of people nearby who have welders and will be more than willing to hook you up. Start a thread about it. If They don't read it here I'm sure you'll get some help. I don't weld but I did install my EVO rocker skins and willing to help. My garage is always open buddy.

JAGS

Hooked
J. Plenty of people nearby who have welders and will be more than willing to hook you up. Start a thread about it. If They don't read it here I'm sure you'll get some help. I don't weld but I did install my EVO rocker skins and willing to help. My garage is always open buddy.

I may just take you up on the help. At least for the skins. Prob late Feb after the hand heals up. πŸ‘

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

You garage is full with some mods for me. :cheesy::wings:

Serg5000

I run the EVO skins and love them. I beat the crap out of the panel under my door by kicking the mud off my boots after work. These fixed the problem. I plan on getting the EVO sliders this year just not sure at what point yet.

Attachments

• image-3215295425.jpg
    image-3215295425.jpg
    252.5 KB · Views: 122
  • image-356242266.jpg
    image-356242266.jpg
    441.9 KB · Views: 127

JAGS

Hooked
I run the EVO skins and love them. I beat the crap out of the panel under my door by kicking the mud off my boots after work. These fixed the problem. I plan on getting the EVO sliders this year just not sure at what point yet.

Looks good. Are those the mopar enhanced rails? Did you have to take those off to install the skins?

RamP

Yeah I would have the same question. Could you install the skins while keeping the stock Rubicon Mopar rails? Then do the sliders down the road.

Road_king

I have the sliders without the skins - my wife says they we're our best upgrade! I hate to think what our Jeep would look like without them!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

10frank9

Web Wheeler
That's exactly how I'm going to roll for a while. I'm ordering the skins from Northridge likely tomorrow.

Then I'm coming over and were gonna get those suckers installed as soon as the hand is cast free and strengthened up a bit. πŸ‘πŸ‘

You got it buddy!

Top Bottom