EVO Stage 4 HC Long arm coilovers rough ride

deezus

Bud I just had the worst Dpeterson flashback in a long long while :icon_crazy:

LOL ....................................
Who is that? Oh and I was using text to speech because it's easier sorry about the run on sentences [emoji17].

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BeckBuilt

I had the Evo kit installed and I'm experiencing a rougher then desired ride. Just driving over speed bumps I'd say it rides like my truck...a 2017 f350 diesel. I'm wondering if anyone can help me tune this a little bit. Mostly I want it smooth for rough logging roads with some snow mud and rock wheeling. Ideally it comes out smoother than stock ride over logging roads. I do have front king bumps to soak up a hard hit. Right now the upper coils I have are 12" 200's riding over 14" 250's. I'm new to Jeeps and coilovers but I'm seeing 2" lift spring rates for JL's of +- 125 front with 175 rear. Should I look into coils closer to this spring rate and what would should my lowers be?
Thank you in advance for any help.

Did you get your suspension figured out? I'm running the same kit, it rides very smooth when set up right.
The effective spring rate with a 200 over 250 spring, like what you have in the front, is 111lb/in. That's lighter than a stock spring rate so you get a softer ride. Check the timing ring on the spring slider. It should have some where between .5" to 1" of space before contact. This is what transitions the 111 lb/in rate to the 250 lb/in rate of the lower spring when you compress the shock a certain amount. If the slider is riding on the timing ring at ride height than you would not be taking advantage of the dual coils.

Hope you get it straightened out.

G650Pilot

I'm running the same kit as well. Curious if you got it figured out? I think mine rides pretty good, but I don't really have anything to compare it too. This is my first jeep.

Top Bottom