EVO Tailgate mounted Tire Carrier

For those of you running EVO's hinged carrier on the tailgate, I had a quick question.

I'm planning on running it with a 35x12.50" Trail Grap spare, but on stock Rubi wheels for a little while until I score some beadlocks. Will I have enough clearance for the factory wheels and 12.50s on the carrier? In other words, I know it can adjust the tire's position up and down, but what about in and out?

Thanks in advance.

DrtRnsRpt

I highly recommend you use a spacer, there is some adjustment available... but not enough, I just found out my new spare was damaged due to rubbing... even at full clearance....

BlackKnight

Here are a couple pics of mine.
IMG_1800.jpeg
IMG_1801.jpeg

Yes, I have two third-brake lights. An Inspection station bitched about the Poison spyder one not being sufficient. Had to get another light, at least until I could print out the specific laws on 3rd brake lights showing that the Poison Spyder one was sufficient. Also, have the EVO License/Rotopak adapter for the rear wheel. Moved the plate there...

Bear_JT

Hooked
You actually should have your spare snugged up to the EVO carrier. I ran 35x12.50’s when I had my JKU and there was no damage or rubbing with it properly isolated and snugged to the carrier. Having it spaced out away from the carrier is going to cause a lot of vibration on the carrier and into the door and body.

BlackKnight

You actually should have your spare snugged up to the EVO carrier. I ran 35x12.50’s when I had my JKU and there was no damage or rubbing with it properly isolated and snugged to the carrier. Having it spaced out away from the carrier is going to cause a lot of vibration on the carrier and into the door and body.
Mine is crushed right up against it. Actually, it slightly deforms the sidewall of the tire when I tighten the lugs on the carrier. IMG_2289.jpeg

Bear_JT

Hooked
Mine is crushed right up against it. Actually, it slightly deforms the sidewall of the tire when I tighten the lugs on the carrier. View attachment 364897
Is that with or without the spacer? I suppose it depends too on your wheels backspacing. I ran a Energy Suspension spare tire bumper on the left side to help isolate the tire that much more so it wasn’t just on the EVO carrier.

BlackKnight

Is that with or without the spacer? I suppose it depends too on your wheels backspacing. I ran a Energy Suspension spare tire bumper on the left side to help isolate the tire that much more so it wasn’t just on the EVO carrier.
With the 1.5" Spacer, and within about .5-.75" of max out on the carrier. These rims have like a 4.5" backspace, so deep from the back. On the Jeep itself, I have 2" spacers to keep them from Rubbing. I got the rims off a local Jeep Club recycle page, so didn't order them myself. The next set will be Beadlocks and I'll be ordering them myself. Will likely be able to take the spacers off all around once I get them...

Bear_JT

Hooked
With the 1.5" Spacer, and within about .5-.75" of max out on the carrier. These rims have like a 4.5" backspace, so deep from the back. On the Jeep itself, I have 2" spacers to keep them from Rubbing. I got the rims off a local Jeep Club recycle page, so didn't order them myself. The next set will be Beadlocks and I'll be ordering them myself. Will likely be able to take the spacers off all around once I get them...
Oh ok. That makes sense. With less backspacing it’ll fit better.

Top Bottom