EVOlander Build

Big E

Would love an update and more pictures!

My 10A rubicon build will be outfitted with many ORE parts as well! Biggest decision I have is where to have the evo coils installed? Contemplating between shops in Alberta Canada and a trip to Fullerton to have ORE do it.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Saw through FB that your stock tire carrier is still holding up, even with 37s! What you have is almost exactly what I want to build my 14 towards.
Do you still have the stock axles and shafts?

Saw through FB that your stock tire carrier is still holding up, even with 37s! What you have is almost exactly what I want to build my 14 towards.
Do you still have the stock axles and shafts?

I'm curious about this as well. I'll be (hopefully) ready to upgrade tires next year and have already been battling with myself over 35s or 37s. Saving an extra $800 (at least for a little while) being able to avoid a new tire carrier would help with the decision.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I'm curious about this as well. I'll be (hopefully) ready to upgrade tires next year and have already been battling with myself over 35s or 37s. Saving an extra $800 (at least for a little while) being able to avoid a new tire carrier would help with the decision.

It is possible to run a 37 on a stock carrier. But over time I believe it will start to damage the tailgate.

I was running my 35 on the stock tailgate for almost 30,000 miles with the daystar bump stops extensions. My tailgate finally started to break at the spot welds because of the weight. Difference is I don't have a rear bumper like EVOlander. If the tire is partially rested on the bumper it'll help distribute the weight of the tire and not put as much on the tailgate. I too am interested to see how long EVOlander will last with the stock carrier.

And I believe EVOlander is running stock shafts in the factory axles. 5.38 gears too. Rumor has it Mel knows a guy that sets gears if he has an issue. :idon'tknow:

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
It is possible to run a 37 on a stock carrier. But over time I believe it will start to damage the tailgate.

I was running my 35 on the stock tailgate for almost 30,000 miles with the daystar bump stops extensions. My tailgate finally started to break at the spot welds because of the weight. Difference is I don't have a rear bumper like EVOlander. If the tire is partially rested on the bumper it'll help distribute the weight of the tire and not put as much on the tailgate. I too am interested to see how long EVOlander will last with the stock carrier.

And I believe EVOlander is running stock shafts in the factory axles. 5.38 gears too. Rumor has it Mel knows a guy that sets gears if he has an issue. :idon'tknow:

Got cha. Thanks for the info.

2014 JKUR

Mdrnizd

I noticed EVOlander is running ARB differential covers with what look like stock track bars. I thought you had to run aftermarket track bars to clear dynatrac or ARB diff covers is that not true? Just for clarification, I'm running the 3" Enforcer kit with 37's.

Heholua

I noticed EVOlander is running ARB differential covers with what look like stock track bars. I thought you had to run aftermarket track bars to clear dynatrac or ARB diff covers is that not true? Just for clarification, I'm running the 3" Enforcer kit with 37's.

Nope, definitely not true. I have Dynatrac diff covers front and rear with stock track bars and no issues.

JAGS

Hooked
Nope, definitely not true. I have Dynatrac diff covers front and rear with stock track bars and no issues.

This is good to hear. I'll be replacing my rear dif cover with a Dyna next week. Unfortunately it's only the cover. Lol.

- Jason

JAGS

Hooked
What was up with your jeep?

Bermuda Fn triangle. Lol. Apparently was battery related, though we (us nor AAA) couldn't jump it. The next morning dealer was able to jump right away and charge the bat. Still at dealer as AAA driver caused another issue unrelated to bat.

- Jason

Edit: Sorry for thread high jack.

Top Bottom