Exhaust Clearance Double D

Evilidea

Is there a decent high airflow/clearance exhaust that will not need modded to install a 4" Double D lift?

Evilidea

Is the silence a no? I was hoping to upgrade exhaust before purchasing the double d lift and figured maybe I'd get one that doesn't need modded when lift goes on.

Evilidea

Most exhausts will not have an issue with the double d kit. Is there one your looking at?

Dynomax® Ultra Flo "Rockcrawler" Cat-Back Exhaust in Stainless Steel
For 12-14 Jeep® Wrangler Unlimited JK 4 Door with 3.6L

This is one I'm looking at but I am open to ideas, especially if they save me a lil coin.

JK GABY

YOU HAVE TO CUT,INVERT & ROTATE the Cat in the driverside to have clearance between the arms and driveshaft.Articulate the suspencion before welding.
THE GOOD THINGS ARE NOT EASY IMG_2079_2.jpg IMG_1972_2.jpg IMG_1971_2.jpg

pvanweelden

^ wowzers, just asking a question here, but wouldn't a bent pipe without the loop work? was the loop part(s) of the original exhaust?

JK GABY

You need to have equal length in both exhaust,if you use strait pipe you are affecting the performance of the engine

pvanweelden

^ thanks, sorry, I didn't know that the 3.6 did that loop from the factory.

Sent from my LG-C800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

GuillaumeC91

^ thanks, sorry, I didn't know that the 3.6 did that loop from the factory.

I saw a Jeep video back when the 3.6L came out explaining that the driver side loop (called the trumpet design) was part of the performance increase on the 3.6L since that was the big difference with the 3.8L. Equal lenght exhausts on both sides is surprisingly fairly important for power.

Don't follow me, I'm lost too! O|||||||O

Top Bottom