Exodus Jeeps 7075 XD Tie Rods

Exodus 4x4

I have been on 15 trails since I put mine on. I have rock rash all over it, but it is still straight and true.

Can't ask for anything more.

Exactly! Although the most recent was the roughest, I’ve been on three since install. It’s so nice not to have to pull it and throw it in a press, hoping I can straighten it out like the OE TR!

View attachment 327642
Thanks again for the tie rod Bubba! Thing looks beefy as hell, and so much easier to align the toe than the factory one. Can’t wait to try it out on some trails [emoji41]

Thanks guys! I appreciate all the kind words and it’s nice to see people out using them the way they were intended!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
With all the great reviews I am definitely looking foreword to using yours (once my Ruffstuff one gets destroyed). So far only had a couple of minor bends, but I know the day will come.

desertrunner

Just placed my order for the DL and tie rod, can't wait to get my steering tightened up, the TREs on my drag link are so shot it makes for an interesting drive haha. And thanks speedy for the village slut of a reamer haha should get to install these next weekend

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

jdofmemi

So another update on this.

I have been pushing rocks around with it all weekend at High Desert Roundup, and took a picture to show the damage to the anodized coating, but the straight tie rod.

Then I looked and thought "Hmm, why are the scrapes on the top of the rod?"

Well, for the second time the jamb nuts came loose. I need a bigger wrench to properly torque them. Otherwise, it is still straight as an arrow.

Attachments

• IMG_20190526_144237-672x378.jpg
    IMG_20190526_144237-672x378.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 121

fiend

Caught the Bug

I have been pushing rocks around with it all weekend at High Desert Roundup, and took a picture to show the damage to the anodized coating, but the straight tie rod.

Well, for the second time the jamb nuts came loose. I need a bigger wrench to properly torque them. Otherwise, it is still straight as an arrow.

How’s the High desert round up? I keep meaning to do it, but every year it sneaks up on me and I have other plans or the rigs not ready.

jdofmemi

How’s the High desert round up? I keep meaning to do it, but every year it sneaks up on me and I have other plans or the rigs not ready.

Saturday was nice. Went on a good run, weather was good. Had a great time. Last night the wind started. Cold and windy all day today took some of the fun out of it. At least it didn't rain.

Maybe next year you can make it.

Exodus 4x4

Loctite. On a normal tie rod I wouldn’t suggest doing that but in this case, you won’t be making an adjustment once toe is set.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked

I’m in agreement with Bubba, I had the same issue with my tie rod (non-exodus) and now use red locktite on the jam nuts. No issue since then. But I still check them after every trail before getting back on the pavement. Needless to say it would be shitty to lose steering at 70mph on the freeway.

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug

I have an aluminum tie rod as well and I know the first couple of trips my jamb nuts came loose. I was told by the manufacturer (unfortunately it wasn’t Bubba) that this aluminum sometimes has to “break in” and then once it’s all settled it shouldn’t budge. And I can attest that mine has been good since.

Top Bottom