F@#K Aluminum

TrailHunter

Hooked
View attachment 328323 View attachment 328324

This was $8000 in damage and 30 days in the shop. And there are only a few shops in SoCal that are ford certified for aluminum. It required the removal of the bed and replacement door and partial cab disassembly. Came out better than new and we love the truck however if it was being used for work or off-road I wouldn’t get aluminum again.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Holy Hell... That's insane.

Coop

Caught the Bug
Maybe this is how Ford has determined the way to make more income.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Zstairlessone

I carried a sharpshooter in the back of my 18 when I had it, bouncing around in the bed and it was taking little chunks out of the front of the bed. Had to rhino line the bed. It was crazy

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

TrailHunter

Hooked
Figured they'd say the same thing about mine. I creased it similarly :mad:
]

I set up the claim and only have to pay the $500 deductible..... not having the truck for a week is the biggest hassle.

I carried a sharpshooter in the back of my 18 when I had it, bouncing around in the bed and it was taking little chunks out of the front of the bed. Had to rhino line the bed. It was crazy

That's the first thing I did. They should at least make the beds a little thicker. :crazyeyes:

Ddays

Hooked
I set up the claim and only have to pay the $500 deductible..... not having the truck for a week is the biggest hassle.

I need to just do that. I keep driving it when I go to jobsites hoping someone will back into that side :crazyeyes:

jjlong

Having been in the collision repair business for over 20 years, I can tell you that with the proper equipment and training, Aluminum can be repaired almost as easily as mild steel. The problem is, so few vehicles have Aluminum sheetmetal, many shops have not made the MAJOR investment in equipment and training to fix the vehicle correctly. So, they just replace everything. Those companies will find themselves out of business if they don't get on board with aluminum repair soon.

Top Bottom