Factor55 Winch Thimble **BE ADVISED**

Evil

Guys, After selling all of my recovery stuff with my old Jeep I am in the process of getting all new gear for the JKU.

There are a few people on EBay and Amazon that have listed genuine Factor 55 winch thimbles for sale along with everything straight off of Factor 55's website, including their pictures but sending out cheap Chinese knock offs. This post is to make you guys aware that you may not get what your expecting. The fakes come in this wooden box, the label on them is porly attached and the finish on them looks more like a powder coat then being anodized. The shackle hole is obviously off center so stick with a reputable seller. I thought I got a kick ass deal on a thimble but got screwed, well sort of. The place that took my money is getting their ass handed to them as we speak and I will no longer be involved in the legalities of what they did and all that but save yourself the trouble. If by chance you bought one, please DO NOT USE IT.

Here is a few pics of the fake...
IMG_1635.jpg IMG_1629.jpg

turbineguy

That's fucked up. Factor55 is a local Boise company. I know them well. Solid American built items, and the owner is a real engineer who takes extreme pride in designing everything to the smallest details. I've witness the testing they do.

I personally run the flat link instead of the prolink. Checkout there social media (especially Instagram).

Evil

Are you sure you didn't accidentally buy this from Matti?

I got this on one of those buy it now or best offer deals on ebay, it was buy it now regular price so for the hell of it I offered them 50 bucks less and they accepted my offer and this is what showed up.

Evil

That's fucked up. Factor55 is a local Boise company. I know them well. Solid American built items, and the owner is a real engineer who takes extreme pride in designing everything to the smallest details. I've witness the testing they do.

I personally run the flat link instead of the prolink. Checkout there social media (especially Instagram).

Trust and believe they are aware of it and have come through and saved my ass. I have nice collection of F55 stuff for the recovery kit and will no longer try to save a buck and always just buy directly from them. I doubt they will give me the info but they are going to put that fake one to the test like they do with their stuff. Im betting it explodes under 6000 lbs. Imagine if someone tried to actually use it and it failed:grayno: a 90 mile an hour chunk of metal coming straight at ya. Not good.

JeepJeep75

Wow!! Just goes to show, if it's to good to be true..... I'm so tired of seeing this kind shit go down more and more often. I just got my Factor55 Flatlink from Amazon. Paid the standard full price. Looked like it was genuine too. Thanks for the heads up!!

spicoli

If you're buying off eBay you kinda have to expect items to be knock offs unless they are used.

I read about how AEV put out a post that they rejected wheels (Savegre) in their quality check process and their manufacturer didn't dispose of them properly. AEV stated in their statement to be cautious of buying wheels from online sources that are not AEV dealers.

When it comes to recovery or important items like wheels, I prefer to buy from a known source that I can trust rather than save a couple bucks

turbineguy

Trust and believe they are aware of it and have come through and saved my ass. I have nice collection of F55 stuff for the recovery kit and will no longer try to save a buck and always just buy directly from them. I doubt they will give me the info but they are going to put that fake one to the test like they do with their stuff. Im betting it explodes under 6000 lbs. Imagine if someone tried to actually use it and it failed:grayno: a 90 mile an hour chunk of metal coming straight at ya. Not good.

They will definitely put it to the test, and will certainly post the results. They love destructive testing. I know they are already aware of the knockoffs.

This is my rig... ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1452593501.588352.jpg

swampdog

This is especially scary I'm a situation like Eddie posted the other day with his wife pulling up a serious incline. A knockoff watch is one thing, but purposefully deceiving customers on a product that could put their life in peril is infuriating to me. Thanks for sharing.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
This is why I don't buy anything off of eBay, amazon, etc. I have heard way to many stories about people getting fake products. Here at work they ordered a bunch of life proof phone cases off of amazon. Not only did they cost more than buying from the local best buy, they took forever to get here, and they were all knock offs.

I recently purchased an AR-15 and was looking at different accessories. A buddy said to check cheaper than dirt for stuff. Cheaper than dirt wasn't any cheaper than my local academy, plus there was shipping on top of it.

Maybe it's just me and what I try to buy. I just haven't ever found things much cheaper than the vendor themselves.

Evil

First time I have ever had an issue with a ebay purchase. I was trying to link the listing they had being they had about 4 more with the same deal and all but it looks like they removed all of them.

Top Bottom