Factory JK D44 Rubicon E-Locker Wiring

Kilodog

IMG_6892.JPG

Does this look ok? The axle is perched so this is where everything will hang during normal driving conditions. I'm not sure how else I would route these. My fear is these brake lines are too long...? Never put extended lines on before.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

madstiles

View attachment 251429

Does this look ok? The axle is perched so this is where everything will hang during normal driving conditions. I'm not sure how else I would route these. My fear is these brake lines are too long...? Never put extended lines on before.

Don't know what those u bolts hold but I would flip them so they don't catch anything or cut them, brake lines look good they are nice did you check the length?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Kilodog

Don't know what those u bolts hold but I would flip them so they don't catch anything or cut them, brake lines look good they are nice did you check the length?

The length should be good, haven't tested the new axles yet so I'll be checking. Lines stated they would clear 4.5" lift so i will be good on that front. On my JKUR, there is a bracket that mounts to the back of the axle brackets, my 09 didn't have them, I'm afraid to let these lines free float like that.

Those ubolts are a pro Comp dual stabilizer setup.., I'm a little disappointed in the hangers. Prolly going to cut them.

EdL

I am installing rubicon axels in my jk . wire harnesses will be here wed are they just a simple 2 wire hook up power and ground to activate

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

toyotire

ditto above. you might install some switch covers so you don't accidently flip them on. we just did a simple switch on my biddy's sport and works great. actually better than my stock as it disconnects much quicker. also he can lock in 4 hi which is nice in the snow sometimes.

Clark Collins

no relays

I've posted the attached wiring diagram on this thread before, but it has been a while. Here it is again so you don't have to search for it.

The diagram is for a "locker" switch with an indicator light to show when it is actually locked. Rubicon axles have an internal switch for that purpose. There is no need whatever for the use of a relay as the locker is very low current draw.

Attachments

• locker wiring.jpg
    locker wiring.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 255

austin160

I am in the process of wiring mine in. I have decided to go with an sPod though. Hopefully will make wiring a little easier and since I am running a York air compressor it will run off the sPod also.

EdL

After installing new gears in my jk i received a check engine light pluvged in my reader and it gave me a incorrect gear ratio do i need to take to dealer to get fixed or can most parts stores reset

madstiles

After installing new gears in my jk i received a check engine light pluvged in my reader and it gave me a incorrect gear ratio do i need to take to dealer to get fixed or can most parts stores reset

If you have a programmer you should be able to set correct ratio and clear codes. Parts store can clear codes but not set ratio. I don't know of dealer can set ratio or not but I almost guarantee you can get a programmer for what they'll charge you lol

mauijim

On the axles there are two plugs, the one at the top is 68148098AA, that locks the locker, the one at the bottom 05017117AA is the sensor that can be wired to a switch LED or LED to show you when the locker is engaged. If you have a locker in the front and rear axle you will need 2 68148098AA (one for front and one for rear) and 2 05017117AA (one for front and one for the rear). Hope that helps.

Chris

Hey I've been reading this post as I just installed front and rear Rubicon axles into my 2012 jk sport. The wiring harness was cut and left me with about a foot of harness. It has 4 wires and I'm guessing I'm going to use only 2 of them, hot & ground, cause I have installed rocker switches and I don't believe my dash will show that the locker is on cause it's a sport and I'm not worried about it anyway cause my rockers light up when switched on. My question is which 2 of the 4 wires do I use. Those diagrams are useless to me cause I don't get it. Lol.
Was wondering if you could help me with this. Appreciate it. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

kohrnholio

I've posted the attached wiring diagram on this thread before, but it has been a while. Here it is again so you don't have to search for it.

The diagram is for a "locker" switch with an indicator light to show when it is actually locked. Rubicon axles have an internal switch for that purpose. There is no need whatever for the use of a relay as the locker is very low current draw.

So I am wiring this up with a SPOD can this still be done this way or am I going to have to do something different with the wiring? I like the way you have this so it indicates it is locked.

Thanks

shrekjk

wiring issue d44

Im dealing with the wiring issue as well. I found a dana 44 from a rubi, got the e locker installed at a shop because they re-geared that axle and my factory rear axle to 4.88. Basically the shop told me there are no jumper harnesses or anything, I would need to go through a professional wiring person. They are saying I cannot hard wire in the locker because the locker is engaged by 4v instead of a direct 12v, and that if the 12v is used it can burn the solders off the sliding clutch inside the housing, they are also saying that the lower plug on the axle needs to be tied in so it will allow you to engage the locker only when in 4L. my jeep in not a rubi, the front axle is a d44 with e-locker, any help please?

J

JKDream

Im dealing with the wiring issue as well. I found a dana 44 from a rubi, got the e locker installed at a shop because they re-geared that axle and my factory rear axle to 4.88. Basically the shop told me there are no jumper harnesses or anything, I would need to go through a professional wiring person. They are saying I cannot hard wire in the locker because the locker is engaged by 4v instead of a direct 12v, and that if the 12v is used it can burn the solders off the sliding clutch inside the housing, they are also saying that the lower plug on the axle needs to be tied in so it will allow you to engage the locker only when in 4L. my jeep in not a rubi, the front axle is a d44 with e-locker, any help please?
Run very far away from that shop.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using WAYALIFE mobile app

austin160

So I am wiring this up with a SPOD can this still be done this way or am I going to have to do something different with the wiring? I like the way you have this so it indicates it is locked.

Thanks

If you are wiring to an sPod, you need two wires going from the actuator to the sPod. I bought the harness pig tails from Jeep for 45$ each, plug in at the axle, zip tie however you want to run, then red wire to the SW terminal and black wire to GRD. Cant get an easier than that. I'm not going to use the switch indicator. I will probably pull it and cut the plunger off then reinstall it as a plug for that hole.

Top Bottom